• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manatees ~

Manatees ~

**sigh** ... a have another bee in my bonnet ... The Manatee ~

I have been such a fan of the Manatee since - forever ...

does this make any sense ???

leave Negril early in the morning ...

Visit YS early enough in the day for a few Zip Lines for those interested ~

try to visit the Manatees on the south coast .. Allegator Pond??

then swing over to Little Ochi for supper???

Back to Negril in the evening ...

is this "do-able??"

what are the chances of seeing the Manatees in the afternoon ... best chance in the morning??? what time of year???

I have tried to Google and reasearch this ... but - do not really find much current information ~

Administrator

Re: Manatees ~

in terms of distance...negril to YS is about 1:20 hr

from YS to mantees[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img] another hour 1:20 if i recall correctly..back to alligator pond 30 minutes ..den 2:40 back to negril. callit five an a hal hours of drive time ...long day but doable i think
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Administrator

where are the manatees... are they not closer to likkle ochi? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

I thought the manatees are close to alligator pond and likkle ochi is basically right there no?
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

according to Google Earth ... I LOVE that!!! the Manatee feeding sight is a bit farther east ... and Little Ochi is back just a bit west ... toward Negril ~

same general area on the South Coast ~

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where are the manatees... are they not closer to likkle ochi? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

I thought the manatees are close to alligator pond and likkle ochi is basically right there no? </div></div> kia..milk river is the most common area.

the area i was thnkign about however is a place called canoe valley which is on the south coast road between alligator pond and milk river ..a couple miles beyond gutts river.

Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where are the manatees... are they not closer to likkle ochi? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

I thought the manatees are close to alligator pond and likkle ochi is basically right there no? </div></div> kia..milk river is the most common area.

the area i was thnkign about however is a place called canoe valley which is on the south coast road between alligator pond and milk river ..a couple miles beyond gutts river. </div></div> Guts river is a part of canoe Valley. As a matter of fact manatees are are found in tne River by that name. On the mountain side of the road.
    canoe valley is the name of the forrst reserve of about 2,000 acres between Big Pasture, to the north and the sea to the south..
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Administrator

which part yuh talkin bout doc? not the guts river i know [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

the guts rive i know nuh have no mountain side of the road...and di only thing they had there was alligator

I expect this will be a 'by guess or by gosh; sort of thing ~

does one view them / sight them in the actual ocean?? or are they upstream inland in the rivers?? I am trying to figure that out.

according to Google Earth ... it appears they are more 'inland'

????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Laurel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">**sigh** ... a have another bee in my bonnet ... The Manatee ~

I have been such a fan of the Manatee since - forever ...

does this make any sense ???

leave Negril early in the morning ...

Visit YS early enough in the day for a few Zip Lines for those interested ~

try to visit the Manatees on the south coast .. Allegator Pond??

then swing over to Little Ochi for supper???

Back to Negril in the evening ...

is this "do-able??"

what are the chances of seeing the Manatees in the afternoon ... best chance in the morning??? what time of year???

I have tried to Google and reasearch this ... but - do not really find much current information ~ </div></div>

I cannot imagine doing all of that in one day! But...you could go spend a night at Milk River bath and then it would work! The road to the manatees is very close to Little Ochie. Ummmmm...I have been by there several times but have not stopped because of the vicious mosquitoes. But I wasn't prepared. Near the manatess is Gut River right on the same road and that is like the BEST swimming spot!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Laurel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I expect this will be a 'by guess or by gosh; sort of thing ~

does one view them / sight them in the actual ocean?? or are they upstream inland in the rivers?? I am trying to figure that out.

according to Google Earth ... it appears they are more 'inland'

???? </div></div>

Yes more inland than right out in the sea. Close...but inland.