• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manatees ~

Re: Manatees ~

Manatees - Are these what they called "sea cows" in the country parts? Dem used to be nuff round South St. Elizabeth when me was a pickney.
    Never regret getting old as it a privilege denied to many - Anonymous

Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">which part yuh talkin bout doc? not the guts river i know [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

the guts rive i know nuh have no mountain side of the road...and di only thing they had there was alligator

</div></div> There is a section of the river that actually goes under the road. Through a geological formation called 'Natural Bridge'. It use ti trap the nanetees at times. and at one instance nanatees were taken out of it and were later recovered.
    If you ask on the Guts Riover beach you will be able to ge info in the presence and wher to find them from any regular there.
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: St_Bess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Manatees - Are these what they called "sea cows" in the country parts? Dem used to be nuff round South St. Elizabeth when me was a pickney. </div></div>

yes

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: St_Bess</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Manatees - Are these what they called "sea cows" in the country parts? Dem used to be nuff round South St. Elizabeth when me was a pickney. </div></div> Yes whenever it floods they usually take the oportunity to explore new habitats. So after a flood you are likely to find them in any body of water that has a connection to the Ocean.
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

hey laurel
    manatees swim right in front of zion country, portland. . . . too far right? . . . for another time . . .
    better to want than to have . . .

next reach dec. 28, 2011
    april 04, 2012

Ok...If you can ask Ohliz about this she has done it. I have gone by the place but it was always bad timing or just not prepared to do this but there is a spot between Alligator Pond and Gut River on the coast road that is like a manatee park. Kind of like a state park here. There you can go out in a boat and view the manatees up close and personal. I think it costs very little. Gosh, if I remember right you can go swimming in the area.

Anyway..if I get some time later I will try to find some stuff out or if you can track down ohliz she can give you the details!

THANKS everyone for all the information sharing!! I was hoping OhLizzie would see this post ~

I would LOVE to find out more about the up close and personal viewing ~

Jitters and Nooks ... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img] You keep trying to get me to stay overnight someplace away from home and/or to reach Portland ~ and the response has to remain the same. We have a child in school ~ not old enough to be left on her own, so we stay each night in our own home with her. Day trips with a return to Negril for now. If we were reaching in the summer and she was off school - then we could possibly overnight out someplace ~ BUT - summer is too busy for my sister and her very full family life ~ so it goes.

Sand Gravity may just set in and we could not move far off the beach - there could be a Sea Cow spotted floating in Negril Bay ~

Well...you could do your zip line trip during the week cause it's close. Then you could make a big weekend trip out of doing the manatee thing have dinenr at Little Ochie stay over night in magical Milk River...saturday cross from Clarendon towards Nine Mile and such the next day and be home by sunday evening ready for school!

you are right JitterBug, they do swim in the water right in front of Zion Country [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

hey laurel, i'm thinking that it's not a big crime for the child to miss a day or two of school, but that's just me. . . . on the bright side of things, you're in your own home and have the freedom to just veg [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/dance01.gif[/img]

hey gong girl [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img] . . . i'll be seeing mokko and free i . . .
    better to want than to have . . .

next reach dec. 28, 2011
    april 04, 2012