• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Manatees ~

Re: Manatees ~

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/dance01.gif[/img]

not gonna go into all the particulars ... but - my sister and I have to stick to the plan of a day of activities and then a day of rest ... either at the beach in Negril or poolside up in the country ~

therefore - back to back 'travel around' days would not suit our family needs ~ and - while I have a few more days on the Island than sister and niece ... we only have a limited number of days

so - we have a loose schedule / plan ... but still something we need to abide by so we make it the best experience for everyone involved ~

I am dying to get up to Portland this summer. I will probably stay at either Zion country or Blue Heaven. Both of which mention Manatee sightings on their web sites.

I don't think manatees are there all year around, i know last time we had some sightings from Free I's home and it was just before rainy season, in May... and he had told us that they didn't see them in a long time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GongGirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't think manatees are there all year around, i know last time we had some sightings from Free I's home and it was just before rainy season, in May... and he had told us that they didn't see them in a long time. </div></div>

Zion Country looks nice. Would you stay there again? What do you think about Henry's? Blue Heaven?

love zion and would stay there again, or perhaps the other place nearby zion, Henry's guesthouse, (split my stay) just because sometimes i have found the stairs a bit difficult at zion, esp at night to go up to the bathrooms, the light only comes on when you reach the top of the stairs. (flashlight is always good to have when you are in ja) but would also love to try blue heaven, so if i'd go back i'd do blue heavens, just because i never stayed on a beach before in Jamaica; and have already done Zion. but if i'd redo my times at zion, i would redo them again as we had such great times there!

thought i would respond some more on here also (hope you dont mind jamaica_dreamin); safety would be an issue though, imho at blue heavens, although i never stayed there, not sure how well guided or if there are any hosts staying on site like Free-I and the Zion Country crew would....

Has anyone heard how Yahimba's cottages is on safety?? i know they were closed couple months back, due to the repairs that needed to be done, but i fig they will prob open by Spring...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GongGirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thought i would respond some more on here also (hope you dont mind jamaica_dreamin); safety would be an issue though, imho at blue heavens, although i never stayed there, not sure how well guided or if there are any hosts staying on site like Free-I and the Zion Country crew would....

Has anyone heard how Yahimba's cottages is on safety?? i know they were closed couple months back, due to the repairs that needed to be done, but i fig they will prob open by Spring...

</div></div>

Ok, thanks.

(sorry for thread jacking)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GongGirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">love zion and would stay there again, or perhaps the other place nearby zion, Henry's guesthouse, (split my stay) just because sometimes i have found the stairs a bit difficult at zion, esp at night to go up to the bathrooms, the light only comes on when you reach the top of the stairs. (flashlight is always good to have when you are in ja) but would also love to try blue heaven, so if i'd go back i'd do blue heavens, just because i never stayed on a beach before in Jamaica; and have already done Zion. but if i'd redo my times at zion, i would redo them again as we had such great times there! </div></div>

I'm thinking those stairs at night would be a pain.

I guess I'll look at Henry's a little more closely.

I think Yahimba was a bit more expensive than Zion or Blue Heaven. I guess if something (Blue Heaven) looks to good to be true it probably is.

yes those stairs were pain for us, and we are young, lost some weight tho, but first night i was really sick and i rushed up the stairs to go at the bathroom and my flashlight fell in between the stairs and lost batteries, so we were really stuck with no light after that... the stairs are very steep. we have been given him suggestion to have a bathroom downstairs, as the showers are down there. hopefully one day they will upgrade that, other than that, Zion is awesome.

also heard only good things about Henry's, looks charming and you can still have breakfasts at Zion as both of them work together [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I have only heard such awesome things about the east side ... from Jitters, Nina, Loops and you Gongie ...

seen nuff spectacular photos as well from Yahimba(sp??) and Zion ... I keep on "jamaica-dreaming" I will get over there one day ~

MAYBE this is where I will finally have my Manatee sighting?? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img]