• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Back to Africa and a little of Europe

Africa is such a big continent and full of surprises... I haven't been to all countries in Africa but the few that I've travelled are always the same good vibes...the people... the food is always the best... the music, and always "hey there Jamaican woman". How Africans in different part of the continent seem to know that I'm from Jamaica? Still a mystery.

It was off to Morocco, then Ghana, then back to Morocco... took a segue crossing the land border to Ceuta, back to Morocco, then spent last few days in France. A trip of adventure, the gastronomy... lots of eating... the wine... too much sleeping, then staying up late all night... arguments between two hot headed people, the compromises... it takes one smile and then the laughter.... so much of it... crazy immigration officers :scary: ... the cold weather was a bit too much.

I'm home, back to my comfort, my family, my job, daily runnings of life and the things that are home.

The end.

Administrator
    ahm that was a quick & concise trip report but but.. Where are the pictures

It sounded like u had a fantastic time
    If you don't fight for what you deserve, you deserve what you get.
    We are > Fossil Fuels --- Bill McKibben 350.org

Yes weh de pikcha dem deh?

Forget the pictures. Mi waan hear bout di arguments

Quote Originally Posted by Peasie View Post
    Forget the pictures. Mi waan hear bout di arguments
    dat is none a yuh dyam business

My body may be stuck here.... but my heart is in Jamaica.
    I have only been to Egypt but my sister and a friend have been to Ghana. I have a cousin who married a Nigerian man. I heard that at the time she did this, it was so unusual for a Jamaican to marry an African that the Gleaner covered the story and their wedding. She raised her 3 boys in Nigeria. Her husband has passed away but she still lives there.

I have a cousin who has retired in Ghana and who has actually connected with our LONG distant cousins over there. Long story. It was great to trace our roots, something I have been trying to do for a long time. There is a global family reunion every year and I am going to try to make it.

I need to visit while these older cousins are still with us.

Quote Originally Posted by SandiF View Post
    Africa is such a big continent and full of surprises... I haven't been to all countries in Africa but the few that I've travelled are always the same good vibes...the people... the food is always the best... the music, and always "hey there Jamaican woman". How Africans in different part of the continent seem to know that I'm from Jamaica? Still a mystery.

It was off to Morocco, then Ghana, then back to Morocco... took a segue crossing the land border to Ceuta, back to Morocco, then spent last few days in France. A trip of adventure, the gastronomy... lots of eating... the wine... too much sleeping, then staying up late all night... arguments between two hot headed people, the compromises... it takes one smile and then the laughter.... so much of it... crazy immigration officers :scary: ... the cold weather was a bit too much.

I'm home, back to my comfort, my family, my job, daily runnings of life and the things that are home.

The end.
    Did u see the women porters at the border between Ceuta and Morroco ?
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

The border to/from Morocco-Ceuta was a cacophany of noise.. People yelling, car horns blaring and engines revving ... it was mass confusion. I saw a few Moroccan women bent way over walking across the border with heavy duty bags strapped to their backs. The way how people were scrambling to either get in or out gave the impression there was a shut-down period to enter/leave either countries but I finally understood that the women porters (they call them "mule women") make 2 and more trips in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahalla View Post
    Did u see the women porters at the border between Ceuta and Morroco ?

My body may be stuck here.... but my heart is in Jamaica.
    Sounds like Coronation market or how Parade used to be...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropicana View Post
    I have only been to Egypt but my sister and a friend have been to Ghana. I have a cousin who married a Nigerian man. I heard that at the time she did this, it was so unusual for a Jamaican to marry an African that the Gleaner covered the story and their wedding. She raised her 3 boys in Nigeria. Her husband has passed away but she still lives there.

I have a cousin who has retired in Ghana and who has actually connected with our LONG distant cousins over there. Long story. It was great to trace our roots, something I have been trying to do for a long time. There is a global family reunion every year and I am going to try to make it.

I need to visit while these older cousins are still with us.
    Awww...so you do have a soft side?
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon