• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Spotlight on a Jamaicans.com Christian - JesusDread

JD, I am trying to come up with a witty intro for you but I'm stumped. What can I say? Please give a warm welcome to the one, the only JesusDread. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When did you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour?

Tell us about your church experiences. Did you grow up in the church?

Where are you today in your walk?

Are you involved with any ministries? If so, please share.

What would you say has been the most positive thing about being a Christian?

Would you recommend a relationship with Christ to non-believers? Why?

Do you have spiritual mentors?

Is there a special calling on your life? If so and you so desire, please discuss.

What are your Scripture reading habits?

How would you describe your prayer life?

How often do you pray?

Do you seek God’s direction in all aspects of your life?

Would you share a story about someone you've brought to Christ, if so?

Do you have an accountability partner?

What is your favourite book and why?

Do you listen to secular music? If so, what type?

Do you have a favourite gospel artist? If so, who and why?

What are the greatest struggles or obstacles that you face in your walk with Christ?

Do you ever have doubts or scriptual teachings that you have difficulty accepting?

What do you feel are your areas for greatest spiritual and personal growth?

Re: Spotlight on a Jamaicans.com Christian - JesusDread

Mr. JD, I am going back to my bed and I don't want this lost in this busy forum. Bumping so you can see it.

Originally posted by Compry:
    [qb] JD, I am trying to come up with a witty intro for you but I'm stumped. What can I say? Please give a warm welcome to the one, the only JesusDread. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    [/qb]

Thank you sista Compry, warm is always good! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    [qb]
    When did you accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour?
    [/qb]

I accepted the Lord on the thirteenth day of December, 1987, in a Baptist church on Constant Spring Road, Jamaica.

[qb]
    Tell us about your church experiences. Did you grow up in the church?
    [/qb]

I grew up Catholic and went to all Catholic schools up to high school. STGC. I was confirmed at the age of ten and almost became an altar boy. I remained Catholic until I turned 12 then I became a Rastafarian.

[qb]
    Where are you today in your walk?
    [/qb]

On this board, I am usually at war with sinful living and false beliefs. In my personal life, I am at peace with God and almost everybody else.

[qb]
    Are you involved with any ministries? If so, please share.
    [/qb]

My love and talents are in music. I write and sing mostly reggae gospel and perform at youth ministries and concerts. At the church I now attend, I am in charge of the sound booth. I also build web sites for churches and I believe that too is a ministry that gives glory to God.

[qb]
    What would you say has been the most positive thing about being a Christian?
    [/qb]

Being a Christian has enabled me to turn my back on many things I used to struggle with. I do not struggled with my faith or God but with the flesh and the mind, it is a constant battle for territory. I am thankful that through Jesus, I am mor than a conqueror!

[qb]
    Would you recommend a relationship with Christ to non-believers? Why?
    [/qb]

I would recommend Jesus to my closest friend and my worse enemy. Beyond, the flesh is the spiritual being inside of us that belongs to the Father and every spirit should know and love it's Father. We don't need to have all these orphaned and lost spirits with no aims or destinies do we?

[qb]
    Do you have spiritual mentors?
    [/qb]

Many! Some have been people that came and were just for a season but have left indelible marks on my heart, some are close friends who I can go to for advice and some are people I have never met but are on television, who I always edify me with their teaching.

[qb]
    Is there a special calling on your life? If so and you so desire, please discuss.
    [/qb]

I have been told that I a very powerful testimony, one that has touched many of whom I have shared it with. I also have a music ministry that I hope one day to share with the world.

[qb]
    What are your Scripture reading habits?
    [/qb]

I believe I read the bible everyday, and posting in this forum has attributed to this in a big way. It has caused me to seek out things I normally wouldn't have concerned myself with and I have gotten many revelations through this!

[qb]
    How would you describe your prayer life?
    [/qb]

I do not usually pray in the same way I see most people at church do. I am constantly having conversations with God, seeking His advise and leading throughout the day. I love praying with two or three people or my wife because I think agreement in prayer is very effective and powerful. When I pray, I am always specific and to the point, never laboring over any issue or rambling on about superficial stuff. I do not like repetitive or rehersed prayers like Hail Marys and Our Fathers.

[qb]
    How often do you pray?
    [/qb]

As often as I think about the Lord or my concerns in life, constantly!

[qb]
    Do you seek God’s direction in all aspects of your life?
    [/qb]

Yes, but I must say truthfully, that I do not always seek Him first. Many times I first try to do things in my own ability until I see I can't then I run to God. I'm still working on that flaw.

[qb]
    Would you share a story about someone you've brought to Christ, if so?
    [/qb]

There are many, but some of the more fulfilling ones have been people who backslid or just needed that push to get them over. One person that I helped overcome multiple sex partners and abortions still keeps intouch with me for spititual guidance and to give me praise reports even though we now live many hundred miles from each other.

[qb]
    Do you have an accountability partner?
    [/qb]

My wife!

[qb]
    What is your favourite book and why?
    [/qb]

Besides the Bible, I cant say I have a favorite book. The next most used book I have is my dictionary, lol.

[qb]
    Do you listen to secular music? If so, what type?
    [/qb]

I love all types of music except heavy metal. I listen to old school reggae a lot and 60s & 70s pop music.

[qb]
    Do you have a favourite gospel artist? If so, who and why?
    [/qb]

This is a difficult one as it's more the song that gets me than the artist. I don't think I have a particular Gospel singer that I favor.

[qb]
    What are the greatest struggles or obstacles that you face in your walk with Christ?
    [/qb]

Easy money and easy sex! Trust me, they are not as easy as they seem because they always carry hard consequencies! And for those who might be wondering, I have never cheated on my wife, just have had many opportunities that I declined!

[qb]
    Do you ever have doubts or scriptual teachings that you have difficulty accepting?
    [/qb]

I doubt or struggle with nothing biblical. I do have a hard time accepting many believer's concepts and visions or lack of it.

[qb]
    What do you feel are your areas for greatest spiritual and personal growth? [/qb]
    Spiritually, I am always growing. I believe most people would love to see me less contentious but it is hard to please man and God at the same time. Personally, I sometimes feel stagnated as there is so much I would love to do that I am now restricted from because of commitments and responsibilities. In the end, I hope that God approves of my life.

aha! now I know!

a joke yah JD [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Donnika:
    [qb] aha! now I know!

a joke yah JD [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [/qb]
    Weh yu know? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

An no run no joke unless yu a go seh suppm bout mi post. Weh yu seh, yu ready fi submit to the Lord? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/70365-flirt.gif[/img]

JD, thank you so much for agreeing and for taking the time to participate in the Spotlight.
    On this board, I am usually at war with sinful living and false beliefs. In my personal life, I am at peace with God and almost everybody else.
    JD, you remind me of the story of David & Goliath. You don't like anyone "dissing" your God. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Going out on a limb to make the assumption that you are careful about the people who you associate with therefore there is no need pull out your sling.

Originally posted by Compry:
    [qb] JD, thank you so much for agreeing and for taking the time to participate in the Spotlight.
    JD, you remind me of the story of David & Goliath. You don't like anyone "dissing" your God. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Going out on a limb to make the assumption that you are careful about the people who you associate with therefore there is no need pull out your sling. [/qb]
    True ting Comps. My sling is the bible and my stone is Jesus! Mi only wage war wid the Goliads pan dis board.

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

I can definitely relate; also raised in the Catholic church, ran the video/sound booth in my last church and have to keep my Spirit straight on money and sex. Good to read

Respect ((((JD))))

Originally posted by SistahD:
    [qb] Respect ((((JD)))) [/qb]
    Yes Woleep!
    <span style="font-size: 14pt">Ecclesiastes 12:13</span>
    <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-family: 'Georgia'">Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear GOD and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.</span></span>