• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Kingston airport

Hiya,

I may spend a few days in Kingston at the beginning or end of my November trip. I've never flown in or out of Kingston before. In what ways is the airport different from MoBay? Busier/less busy? Leave more/less time to get there and get checked in?

Any insight appreciated [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Administrator

Re: Kingston airport

i have always found it less busy than montegobay
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

Definitely less busy. less drama. Quick in and out thru immig and customs [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

Then again, if 3 other flights come in with yours u better pray u get to the top a the lines first [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    R Kelly all summer long *sigh* [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/inlove1.gif[/img]

the tourists in the line wid me., last time i went home, tell me that the Mobay immigration lines dem seem to move faster.
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

I doan know bout Mobay..I only connect there sometimes so I never go thru immgiration...but I get thru quickly in KIN once I find my bags
    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizi_2d_universe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely less busy. less drama. Quick in and out thru immig and customs [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

Then again, if 3 other flights come in with yours u better pray u get to the top a the lines first [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

</div></div>

I agree!

Thanks all.

Now to see which end of the trip to put Kingston on...it'll cost me an extra $40-80 to fly into one and out of the other but that seems cheaper than going all the way back to MoBay from KIN...
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Administrator

I prefer to fly in and out of Manley. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

You're in and out much quicker. As long as is just your flight that come in, the immigration lines are ok. If more than one flight come in then it can get backed up. There's a whole heap of check-in counters now in the new part when you departing.

If you flying on AirJ, make sure you call ahean and "pre-checkin". That way you can show up just an hour before the flight.

if yu arrive wid all a flight from NY wid all di higglerz or one a dem 400 plus passenger plane from Englan, yu sawlt !! It could be a nitemare ... plus Aj, is well nown for cancelling or delaying flights from Kgn to mobay (widout apologies)and vice versa.
    Another way to travel cheaply widout drama is to travel wid di Coach dat goes from Mobay to New Kgn - Knutsfor Express.. on time and courteous service ..and dependable ..and affordable .. roun about $23 dollars ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer to fly in and out of Manley. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

You're in and out much quicker. As long as is just your flight that come in, the immigration lines are ok. If more than one flight come in then it can get backed up. There's a whole heap of check-in counters now in the new part when you departing.

If you flying on AirJ, make sure you call ahean and "pre-checkin". That way you can show up just an hour before the flight. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: haki</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> if yu arrive wid all a flight from NY wid all di higglerz or one a dem 400 plus passenger plane from Englan, yu sawlt !! It could be a nitemare ... </div></div>

BOADWL. u are soo right. but if u not in a hurry u will be in for a heluva comedy, hair an fashion show though [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]
    R Kelly all summer long *sigh* [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/inlove1.gif[/img]