• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

Re: Kingston airport

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohliz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hiya,

I may spend a few days in Kingston at the beginning or end of my November trip. I've never flown in or out of Kingston before. In what ways is the airport different from MoBay? Busier/less busy? Leave more/less time to get there and get checked in?

Any insight appreciated [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] </div></div> If you can swim the parts of the road that regularly overflow, when the 6 inch tide is high... Bring Bikini in your carry on.
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: haki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Another way to travel cheaply widout drama is to travel wid di Coach dat goes from Mobay to New Kgn - Knutsfor Express.. on time and courteous service ..and dependable ..and affordable .. roun about $23 dollars ...</div></div>

I just found their site and am thinking I may do that. They have 4 trips each way per day now it seems. If they added Mandeville as one article suggests it would be PERFECT as I am heading to Kingston from Treasure Beach.

If I did fly it would be AA from Miami, direct, no MoBay stop.
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Anyone familiar with Kingston able to tell me how far from 18 Dominica Drive to Sovereign Center on Hope Rd/Old Hope Rd?

The former is where the Knutsford Express comes and goes from.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohliz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone familiar with Kingston able to tell me how far from 18 Dominica Drive to Sovereign Center on Hope Rd/Old Hope Rd?

The former is where the Knutsford Express comes and goes from. </div></div> Less than a mile probably 1/2.
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

wayyyy prefer flying in and out of manley.... hands down

also took the small plane from king to mobay.. its a snap. easy as pie..

hope ill be back very soon.. starting to miss it
    A positive attitude might not solve your problems but will annoy others to make it worth the effort

Thank you doc.

hadn't considered a plane, bnd...which airline was it?

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohliz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone familiar with Kingston able to tell me how far from 18 Dominica Drive to Sovereign Center on Hope Rd/Old Hope Rd?

The former is where the Knutsford Express comes and goes from. </div></div> Less than a mile probably 1/2. </div></div>sovereign centre nuh up a liganea?[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

seems to me it would be a longer drive than that
    When its hot in the jungle of peace I go swimming in the ocean of love.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohliz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone familiar with Kingston able to tell me how far from 18 Dominica Drive to Sovereign Center on Hope Rd/Old Hope Rd?

The former is where the Knutsford Express comes and goes from. </div></div> Less than a mile probably 1/2. </div></div>sovereign centre nuh up a liganea?[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

seems to me it would be a longer drive than that </div></div> You no know Kingston
    you go down Old Hope Rd,turn right by Unity,Next to The PNP ofice,then turn down laDy Musgrave,then Trafalgar,Rd,then Knutsford Blvd,then Dominica Dr.
    Easy walk I use to do it as a boy because we have properties at Lords Rd In th egolden Triangle and matilda's corner (another name for the area that includes Sovreign center.

Administrator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohliz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone familiar with Kingston able to tell me how far from 18 Dominica Drive to Sovereign Center on Hope Rd/Old Hope Rd?

seems to me it would be a longer drive than that </div></div> You no know Kingston
    you go down Old Hope Rd,turn right by Unity,Next to The PNP ofice,then turn down laDy Musgrave,then Trafalgar,Rd,then Knutsford Blvd,then Dominica Dr.
    Easy walk I use to do it as a boy because we have properties at Lords Rd In th egolden Triangle and matilda's corner (another name for the area that includes Sovreign center. </div></div>

That's one hell of a walk star! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] Yuh probably nuh memba caw yuh was a yute an entertain yuh mind while yuh a walk. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/music.gif[/img]

For the record, if you take the good Doctor's way it's just over 2 miles.

Personally I wouldn't walk that far (too lazy) but if I had to I'd go down Hope Road (not Old)then hang a left on Donhead Ave that changes into Meymour Ave. (That road is less busy and in a residential neighbourhood so it's a much more pleasant walk than Old Hope Rd. Them right on Montrose, left on Lady Musgrave, Right on Argyle (avoid Trafalgar) left on Braemar, then whichever way you want to Dominica.

They way I walk it would take me an hour. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/dance01.gif[/img]

why wouldnt yu take a taxi?? It about 5 US dollars .. and less than 15 minute drive ..
    its scenic early in the morn BEFORE the sun stawt to bun yu hed top inna kgn...