• Login:

Welcome to the Community Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Hybrid View

black historee month

annoo sintinn mii joke bout

9 Interesting Little-Known Facts About Black History Month

1. Carter G. Woodson was the son of former enslaved Africans James and Eliza Riddle Woodson. He gained a master’s degree at the University of Chicago in 1908, and in 1912, he received a Ph.D. in history from Harvard University. Woodson, known as the “Father of Black History” started Negro History week in 1926, which later became Black History Month.

carter g woodson was a boule

Carter G. Woodson was a member of Omega Psi Phi. Woodson was found receiving money from the Carnegie, Lord-Spellman, and Rockefeller Foundations to help his education programs.

Carter G. Woodson became well known for his infamous quote,
    “When you control a man’s thinking, you do not have to worry about his actions. You do not have to tell him not to stand here or go yonder, he will find his proper place and stay in it. You do not need to send him to the back door. He will go without being told. In fact, if there is no back door, he will cut one for his special benefit.”

Woodson became controversial and wrote his bestselling Miseducation Of The Negro, years after being exiled from the Boule’ along with DuBois. Malcolm X is claimed to have called the Boule as the Big 6. The logo of the Boule is the Sphinx. A sphinx is a third part woman, one-third eagle and one-third lion (notice the breasts and wings) among Greek mythology. The Sphinx was there to guard something.

http://1truechrist.wordpress.com/200...ieties-part-5/
    I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
    Marcus Garvey

satire protected speech soo more fiyah

2. February was chosen as the month to observe Black history because it is the birth month of abolitionist and writer Frederick Douglass (Feb. 14) and President Abraham Lincoln (Feb. 12).
    I have no desire to take all black people back to Africa; there are blacks who are no good here and will likewise be no good there.
    Marcus Garvey

http://d39ya49a1fwv14.cloudfront.net...algho1_500.jpg

3. Woodson believed rather than only focusing on a few men and women in America, the Black community should focus on the countless Black men and women around the world who had contributed to the advancement of human civilization.

http://d39ya49a1fwv14.cloudfront.net...08_0731_01.jpg
    Marcus Garvey

5. Because of the widespread interest in Black history, during the Civil Rights Movement in the South, some schools incorporated Black history into the curriculum with the hope of starting an intellectual movement that would advance social change.
    Marcus Garvey

6. Prior to his death in 1950, Woodson pressed schools to shift from studying Black history one week a year to studying Black history throughout the year. Woodson’s ultimate goal was to have Black people learn of their past all year so that the annual celebration would no longer be necessary.
    Marcus Garvey

7. Actor Morgan Freeman says a month dedicated to Black history is “ridiculous.” In an 2005 interview on ”60 Minutes,” Freeman said, “You’re going to relegate my history to a month? I don’t want a Black history month. Black history is American history.”
    Marcus Garvey

What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512