Jamaican News & Announcements
17th Annual Monterey Bay Reggaefest, July 27-29, 2012Published Jul 18, 2012
The Monterey Bay Reggaefest is preparing for a year of excitement, as in the past 16 years. Once again, we are continuing our tradition of a fun-filled weekend, July 27-29, 2012. The festival brings people together from all backgrounds, young and old, far and near. Everyone is welcome to hear and move to the rhythmic tones of Reggae music. Come together to rejoice for peace and goodwill at Monterey’s premiere festival.
With our great line-up for 2012, you will be able to see Maxi Priest, The Mighty Diamonds, Glen Washington, Lloyd Brown, Judy Mowatt and much, much more. This year promises to deliver an entertaining show. Check out the website for a complete line-up and times.
Family fun is the key focus of the Monterey Bay Reggaefest. Your kids can enjoy the play area and fun activities provided in our kiddies’ area. Shop at the many selections of arts and craft booths and fill your appetite with delicious foods and beverages from the many cultures represented. Participate in interview of our headline artists. Lie back on the grass of the Monterey County Fairground and enjoy the wonderful reggae music.
NEW THIS YEAR!
- We are requiring “Two (2) can goods for entry.” To enter the festival all participants are required to have two (2) can goods per ticket. Dancing ChildAll collected cans will be donated to Monterey County Shelters and families in need.
- Captain Morgan’s Rum Tasting on Friday, July 27 in the Turf Club. Come and taste the exotic flavors of Captain Morgan’s Rum.
- Green Pedal Couriers is offering FREE bike valet parking. Ride your bike to the Festival and lock it in a secure, monitored area.
- Cabrio Mobile transportation being offered from downtown Monterey to festival. This sustainable, human-powered transit mode can get you to the festival. Don’t worry about parking and parking fee … use Cabrio Mobile this year.
- No in-and-out privileges (except 3-day ticket-holders). Prepare today to stay all day on the grounds and enjoy the music and activities.