PDA

View Full Version : Man get beat up fi buy tampon

julie*mango
11-18-2009, 05:39 PM
A simple trip to the nearest corner shop quickly turned into a painful experience for a 21-year-old man last week after he went there to purchase tampons (sanitary napkins).

THE STAR was told that the victim Robin* from Meadowbrook, St Andrew, was set upon and beaten by a group of men who dubbed him a 'maama man' after hearing him order the product.

Robin admitted that last Thursday he went to a shop on Ridgepath Avenue in his community to purchase tampons for his girlfriend.He said she was menstruating in tremendous pain and could not walk, so he was asked to make the purchase.

The 21-year-old also admitted he was a bit hesitant at first but went nonetheless.

girlfriend was sick
"Big man thing star, mi neva did too waa go eno, but a my woman and she sick and couldn't even move, so mi neva have a choice, plus mi know if me sick and ask har fi do nuttin, she naw hitch," Robin explained.

After buying the item, Robin exited the shop but was immediately ridiculed by a group of men outside.

"A pure name calling thing di man dem deh pon, how me a maama man and all dem ting deh," Robin said, claiming that his decision to answer the men resulted in him being attacked.

He admitted to calling the men homosexuals.

The beating led Robin to suffer a number of injuries, including a number of cuts to his head. He was also stabbed in the shoulder.

The Constant Spring police are aware of the incident but say a formal report is yet to be made. A corporal told THE STAR the police were also aware of Robin's injuries.

"A patrol team that was passing through the community saw a little crowd and, after they went to check it out, saw the man and his injuries; we were the ones who assisted him to the hospital," the corporal said.

Robin said he will definitely press charges against his four attackers.

"A jus cause mi did haffi go country (Manchester) di nex day mek mi neva report it already, mi still deh a country but me a come up tomorrow ... . As soon as mi come up, me a go link di police," Robin said. "Jah know star, all now mi still a feel some pain."

*Name changed to protect identity.

http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/20091117/news/news1.html

Stormmey
11-18-2009, 05:49 PM
http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/eek2.gif
can we say backward....dang

diabolical_Tanya
11-18-2009, 07:27 PM
http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1007993&page=1

neutral
11-18-2009, 08:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stormmey1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/eek2.gif
can we say backward....dang </div></div>

Can we follow that with a &quot;ignorant and uncivilised&quot;,....and when I say I dont want to go back to live in a place like that some people on here beat up dem jaw over it and talk nonsense,.....they are all ignorant damn fools.

jah_yout
11-19-2009, 10:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Natral</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stormmey1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/eek2.gif

Can we follow that with a &quot;ignorant and uncivilised&quot;,....and when I say I dont want to go back to live in a place like that some people on here beat up dem jaw over it and talk nonsense,.....they are all ignorant damn fools. </div></div>

ok the guys were morons, but let's be real here; he did not help matters:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He admitted to calling the men homosexuals.</div></div>

i don't think this makes jamaicans ignorant &amp; uncivilized...only those particular lunatics

neutral
11-19-2009, 11:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jah_yout</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Natral</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stormmey1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/eek2.gif

Can we follow that with a &quot;ignorant and uncivilised&quot;,....and when I say I dont want to go back to live in a place like that some people on here beat up dem jaw over it and talk nonsense,.....they are all ignorant damn fools. </div></div>

ok the guys were morons, but let's be real here; he did not help matters:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He admitted to calling the men homosexuals.</div></div>

i don't think this makes jamaicans ignorant &amp; uncivilized...only those particular lunatics

</div></div>
Read again big man,I didnt say it makes jamaicans uncivilised,in response to stormmey`s &quot;backward&quot; comment,I said can we follow with a ignorant and uncivilised.....yes I WAS refering to those particular lunatics.

Thought I would clarify like how mi badluckid aready, I dont need the rest of the internet jamaicans dem come run up dem mout tell me how un-jamaican mi is.

RichD
11-19-2009, 11:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Natral</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they are all ignorant damn fools.
</div></div> i think is dat part confusing dem

remo
11-19-2009, 11:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Natral</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=jah_yout][quote=Natral][quote=Stormmey1]http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/eek2.gif
I dont need the rest of the internet jamaicans dem come run up dem mout tell me how un-jamaican mi is.
</div></div>

No worries......Yuh doing a very good job all by your self http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/70409-waytogo.gif

Stormmey
11-19-2009, 11:41 AM
I still say those guys are backward!!

I was referring to the males in the story that ridiculed the guy that bought his wife tampons. Yes!! he referred to them as homosexuals becuase with their stance on the buying of tampons for his wife they are obviously not comfortable with their masculinity.

Also!! that link that Tanyer posted lawd I missed it the first time, some backward people in there too.

Not taking back me chat, anyway gone on my Merry way tata

neutral
11-19-2009, 11:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Natral</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=jah_yout][quote=Natral][quote=Stormmey1]http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/eek2.gif
I dont need the rest of the internet jamaicans dem come run up dem mout tell me how un-jamaican mi is.
</div></div>

No worries......Yuh doing a very good job all by your self http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/70409-waytogo.gif </div></div>

Lol !...coo yu to,....read as per my signature.

Dr.Dudd
11-19-2009, 12:07 PM
You getting more and more reasonable in your out look by the day?/
except when you ready to give innocent people a hard time. this is not one of them though.

what has resulted in this change?

Yes and i am here.
...waiting to give you a hard time when your time comes.

don't forget. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: romeo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nature</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=jah_yout][quote=Nature][quote=Stormy1]:whoa:
I dont need the rest of the internet jamaicans dem come run up dem mut tell me how un-jamaican mi is.
</div></div>

No worries......You doing a very good job all by your self http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/70409-waytogo.gif </div></div>

neutral
11-19-2009, 12:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You getting more and more reasonable in your out look by the day?/
except when you ready to give innocent people a hard time. this is not one of them though.

Yes and i am here.

don't forget. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: romeo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nature</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=jah_yout][quote=Nature][quote=Stormy1]:whoa:
I dont need the rest of the internet jamaicans dem come run up dem mut tell me how un-jamaican mi is.
</div></div>

No worries......You doing a very good job all by your self http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/70409-waytogo.gif </div></div> </div></div>

Lol !...well this is what i`m talking about, when people run in threads patting people on the backs for being a-holes.

Well we can all give a<span style="font-weight: bold">hard time </span>,and I for one will give as good as I get,..let folks be warned,it`s not the first time remo has run up behind my post to give a little dig,...as long as people dont moan when I return the favour.

Dr.Dudd
11-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Sorry Natural.. I don't i know who you give a hard time around here.

I know you don't as far as I am concerned.

You see if you offer something to another person and they don't accept it.
It is still yours.
So you get my drift??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nature</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You getting more and more reasonable in your out look by the day?/

Yes and i am here.

</div></div>

No worries......You doing a very good job all by your self http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/70409-waytogo.gif </div></div> </div></div>

Lol !...well this is what i`m talking about, when people run in threads patting people on the backs for being a-holes.

Well we can all give a<span style="font-weight: bold">hard time </span>,and I for one will give as good as I get,..let folks be warned,it`s not the first time remo has run up behind my post to give a little dig,...as long as people dont moan when I return the favour.
</div></div>

neutral
11-19-2009, 12:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry Natural.. I don't i know who you give a hard time around here.

I know you don't as far as I am concerned.

You see if you offer something to another person and they don't accept it.
It is still yours.
So you get my drift??
</div></div>

Dispense with the nonsense and say what you mean,....where do you see me giving anyone any hard time here except offering my opinion like everyone else...?

Dr.Dudd
11-19-2009, 12:39 PM
What about &quot;all&quot; don't we understand?? As in, &quot;They are a<span style="font-weight: bold">all</span> damn fools??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Natral</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they are all ignorant damn fools.
</div></div> i think is dat part confusing dem </div></div>

neutral
11-19-2009, 12:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about &quot;all&quot; don't we understand?? As in, &quot;They are a<span style="font-weight: bold">all</span> damn fools??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Natral</div><div class="ubbcode-body">they are all ignorant damn fools.
</div></div> i think is dat part confusing dem </div></div> </div></div>

Well actually little man,I was refering to ALL,..including the guy who got beaten up,because he exacerbated the situation by calling them homosexuals,....I am sure he didnt say &quot;go away you horrible mean homosexuals&quot;.

And lets face it,you and others on this board,are not representative of the intelligensia of jamaica are you...?

neutral
11-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Yeah,..actually I meant everyone in jamaica,all of them except my relatives ofcourse,...all of them are ignorant and uncivilised,....and I am very very un-jamaican,....so flipping what about it....?