PDA

View Full Version : North & East Streets Crash

Leddih
04-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Caught on Videocam (apparently on the Gleaner building)

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/du8_qIyeQ7I"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/du8_qIyeQ7I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

The Truck is heading down East Street toward the sea. The car that is hit is coming from the direction of KPH and headed past the Gleaner Company in the direction of KC and Georges. The videocam is apparently on the East Street side of the Gleaner Building.

Three injured in crash at the corner of East and North Street

2010-04-19 19:46:01 | (1 Comments)
At least three persons are now in hospital nursing injuries following a motor vehicle crash at the intersection of East and North Streets in Kingston late this afternoon.

Two of the injured have been identified as Shane Allen, the driver of a Honda motor car and Stacey Kennedy, the driver of a truck.

Its reported that about 5:30 Kennedy was driving the truck along East Street and was attempting to make her way onto North Street.

She reportedly broke the stop light at the corner of East and North Streets.

In swerving, Kennedy slammed into a Honda vehicle, which had Allen and another passenger aboard.

She then crashed into a utility pole, hitting a blind man in the process.

The injured persons have been taken to the nearby Kingston Public Hospital.

Photos (http://go-jamaica.com/iphoto2/index.php?album=accident-along-north-and-east-street)

Dr.Dudd
04-27-2010, 10:09 PM
I didn't realize that Gleaner's webcam was reactivated!!

I use to watch it and the one on UTech's campus.

That was years ago when they use to function.

We use to be able to control them.

From what I see, the truck seem to run the light.
Since the car was at a stand still.the driver would be unlikely to run a stop sign after waiting there fir it to change..
The truck driver seem to be traveling too fast to come to s stop so he tried to beat the stop .

Leddih
04-27-2010, 10:37 PM
Yes, you can actually see the light change to red before a bus and the ill-fated truck cross the intersection.
I you look carefully you can also see the front of the overturned truck slamming a man in a red shirt into the wall.

Dr.Dudd
04-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Well because I watched it with my phone the pic us really small, so I didn't really see the colour of the lights.

RichD
04-27-2010, 11:12 PM
the pedestrian survived?

Dr.Dudd
04-27-2010, 11:27 PM
They said three were admitted to the ER, so he seem to be the other one after the two drivers.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RichD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the pedestrian survived? </div></div>

barosa
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Who see the guy who puddung sintin on the sidewalk and run ova to de truck? Mi wanda if it was a bomb when im did it, it was apparently not! The truck seems to have ran through the red light... Oh Bwoy! mi sarry for de injured ones hope dem survive.

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act : George Orwell

Leddih
05-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Blind Man Injured in Accident Dies (http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/20100430/news/news2.html)

Iroy Johnson, the pedestrian who was injured in an accident involving a truck and a car at the intersection of North and East Streets last week Monday, has died.

The Kingston Central police confirmed that Johnson died earlier this week.

Based on a camera which caught the incident, the accident occurred when the truck driver, in her attempt to avoid plowing into a Nissan Tiida motor car, swerved just after going through the lights at the intersection. There was still contact between the two vehicles and the truck veered towards the sidewalk on the south-east corner of the intersection. The truck hit Johnson, who was waiting to cross, and a light pole before turning on to its side.

Johnson was in his second year at the HEART Vocational Training Development Institute, working towards his Bachelor of Science degree in information and communication technology. A student from the institution told THE WEEKEND STAR that the school body had just last week been asked to donate blood for Johnson and said they were informed of his death a few days ago.

Johnson represented Jamaica's visually impaired cricket team and also played for the West Indies as a batsman.

Q3210
05-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Oh man! Mr. Johnson could have been the same person seen on TV highlighting his achievements and abilities long before this unfortunate accident took place.

Oh Gad! Look at Johnson walking right into the impact!!

The intersection of East and North streets has been a red blotch hazzard on the recurring locations for accidents.
There needs something done to prevent accidents happening there.
Going south on East St. there is a wall on the west side at the corner of North St that blocks visibility of vehicles going eastbound on North St.
North St. users are also blocked from seeing traffic coming down East St.
However, the main cause of accidents there is running the lights.
Drivers should approach with extreme caution, knowing very well that stupid drivers tend to run the lights regularly whether visibility is nil or not.

Q3210
05-03-2010, 08:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leddih</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, you can actually see the light change to red before a bus and the ill-fated truck cross the intersection.
I you look carefully you can also see the front of the overturned truck slamming a man in a red shirt into the wall. </div></div>

The man was more ill-fated than the truck bro.

sistactry
05-04-2010, 01:27 PM
OMG, this is terrible.............as soon as i saw the crash, i had to play it over because i knew i seen a man walking to the corner, and the bus went past him, so he had to be about right there on the corner when de flipping truck tun over~~ geeeessshhhh~~ OMG..., this is horrible, it looks like the truck did a go just for him, mercy God~~ wheeewww!! http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/70384-praying.gif he didnt stand a chance~~ http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/images/smilies/70394-bawlout.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leddih</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Blind Man Injured in Accident Dies (http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/20100430/news/news2.html)

Iroy Johnson, the pedestrian who was injured in an accident involving a truck and a car at the intersection of North and East Streets last week Monday, has died.

The Kingston Central police confirmed that Johnson died earlier this week.

Based on a camera which caught the incident, the accident occurred when the truck driver, in her attempt to avoid plowing into a Nissan Tiida motor car, swerved just after going through the lights at the intersection. There was still contact between the two vehicles and the truck veered towards the sidewalk on the south-east corner of the intersection. The truck hit Johnson, who was waiting to cross, and a light pole before turning on to its side.

Johnson was in his second year at the HEART Vocational Training Development Institute, working towards his Bachelor of Science degree in information and communication technology. A student from the institution told THE WEEKEND STAR that the school body had just last week been asked to donate blood for Johnson and said they were informed of his death a few days ago.

Johnson represented Jamaica's visually impaired cricket team and also played for the West Indies as a batsman. </div></div>