Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Discover Jamaica - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=19" /> Rental Car? - Page 11
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rental Car?

Re: Rental Car?

hey liz, thanks for sharing that story. too funny . . .

funny you should mention libby, have been thinking about her and chef, i spent two trips back to back at their place . . . hope she's good.

when are you in ja next?
    better to want than to have . . .

next reach dec. 28, 2011
    april 04, 2012

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ohliz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PS: I rented an Island Cruiser a couple of trips ago and really liked it. We had a convertible and my only complaint was that the top took a couple of minutes to put on (snaps), so if you didn't time it right you'd get a bit wet. But we took it form Negril to Manchester and off road a bit, even, and it handled well and drove fine.

it is a bit of an attention-getter outside Negril, though....if you're not keen on being stared at, don't rent it. It may be the only Jamaican-made car, but it seemed few people outside negril were aware of it. </div></div>

I rented one of those once as well. I agree, too much attention for me! I drove the heck out of it though. I think I hit every pothole between Negril, TB &amp; Ochi and it kept on going.
    It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away.

We usually use Efay.
    Reserve on line before leaving home.They deliver car to the airport

Cars are not brand new but they are in good condition and prices are very good.

Administrator

Budget Rent a Car

<span style="text-decoration: underline">A word of caution if you're booking with Budget in Jamaica..</span>

I always use Island Car Rental in Jamaica, but because of Champs/Easter Holiday there were fully booked and couldn't get me a vehicle.

I made a reservation with Budget in the morning throught their website, for a pickup in Montego Bay that night, and a drop off in Kingston.

When I arrived at Sangster Airport I was informed that I do not have a reservation. (This has happened to me before with Budget in Sri Lanka) However they did have one last car available and I was able to rent it.

However another couple that walked up a few minutes later, also with a budget.com reservation wasn't as lucky. Despite showing his printed confirmation, the lady at Budget told him that he can't get a vehicle and even went as far as telling him to &quot;take a bus&quot;

I also had a problem extending the rental beyond the original date, and dropping the car before the office opens at 8am. All of this is never a problem at Island Car Rental. Budget also charged me $50 extra for dropping off in Kingston.

Their customer service both in person and on the phone is terrible. I would advise against using Budget in Jamaica, and if you do, call them to confirm your reservation, since their online system is useless.

Re: Budget Rent a Car

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was informed that I do not have a reservation</div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dSZYsyrP3Co"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dSZYsyrP3Co" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>
    Anyone can have an itchy bottom

Administrator

Yes man. But de Budget lady neva ddi have so much broughtupsy, and a whole bag a &lt;kissteet&gt; a fly.

Magix ... was that your little blue color car in the lot??

Administrator

LOL
    Not used to claiming little blue cars, but yes, a fi mi!

New twist in the story..

Budget actually charges your card for deposit, instead of holding an authorisation for deposit amount. Just got my card statement. They charged me $10US more for the deposit that I signed for, and refunded $10 less. They claim that they didn't. At this point I think it's easier to dispute it with the credit card than fight the imbecils in Budget.

I don't normally condone any business on this site, but Budget in Jamaica ginnal AND teef!

Lotsa good advice here... I always drive when I go home.. and have used different companies at one time or the other - I have used:

HERTZ - Good customer service / cars in good condition / I think the prices are competitive - give or take a few dollars

AVIS - Outstanding customer service / good vehicles / prices go up and down (they saved me last year - I rented a 15 seater bus as I was traveling with a bag ah family - had to exchange twice with original rental company CHALIS because the tires were worn and skidded terribly - eventually just gave it back an rented from AVIS who had better prices and vehicles in better condition.

CHALIS - well see story above

DHANA - good experience with them - they even brought the car to Kingston although they don;t have an office there - didn't like the car / van though - the back windows didn't open an no one wanted to sit back there

Based on reviews here I may try ISLAND CAR - although I already have a reservation with DOLLAR.

pan budget

Made reservation with them last month kept getting confirmation don't forget to pick up etc. Got to Montego Bay at noon no van, me ask when will it be ready sorry on van and they won't have any for the two weeks we would be there.

As I'm talking to them guess what came in on my phone..yep another email bout don't forget to pick up van.

Never leave the airport until 4:30pm because Hertz help us out

pan Budget