Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Discover Jamaica - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=19" /> Rental Car? - Page 12
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Rental Car?

Re: Rental Car?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizi_Oh_Em_Gee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, Island is the only place unu rent from??

mi a look a private rental inna de mobay/negril area </div></div>

have rented privately, but, like Xchangin money w/ the guy under the tree in the market
    have vague misgivings about liabilit y etc. in a worse case scenario.
    i am curious about renting from a company, but for a JA driver.
    Have never rented a car anywhere, and wonder if ...under my name but somebody else drives --that kind of stuff. Is it allowed. Is there a way to make it all okay?? or what???
    never sell off more of yourself in one day than you can buy back at sunset

little 'cruisers ' are CUTE
    soecially for beachy run roun stuff

who handles rentals for the crisers???

if you rent and someone else drives, you are liable if an accident occurs. now, if your ja driver is present and presents his drivers license you pay a surcharge for a second driver. that's the best option.

since i'm putting down the deposit, no one drives my rental.
    better to want than to have . . .

next reach dec. 28, 2011
    april 04, 2012

thanks!! will feel better w/ an experienced JA driver, AND my bases covered!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mzOtisRegrets</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who handles rentals for the crisers??? </div></div>

Island Cruiser: http://www.islandcruiserjamaica.com/
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

thanks!! will check it out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ja. Jewel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sooooooooooo, thinking about driving yourself dis trip, Bandi? ...good luck!...I been driving for awhile now and do OK without my &quot;backseat&quot; driver to make me nervous, but<span style="font-weight: bold"> it did take me awhile to </span> is not as hard for me as<span style="font-weight: bold">get used to it, but the OTHER side of the road</span> to site out the potholes, and you shouldn't have to deal with much of that if you stay on the new hwy.....no betta way fi learn den .jus dweet youself! </div></div>

Driving on the left feels natural as long as you have a car with the steering wheel on the right. They don't all, so make sure you get one that does
    Driving around is <span style="font-weight: bold">great! </span>Easily the best way to see <span style="font-style: italic">all </span>of the island.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

i think it is wise to use expedia or travelocity to search many car companies at once, because the rental companies listed have worked fine, they are all major players. eurocar is who i am to rent from in may. they are right in the airport and one week including taxes is going to be $190.35!! this is such a no brainer price for a four door with trunk toyota yaris car. to see jamaica by moving at your own pace and direction to me is the best. i am an experienced driver there but i think anyone that can handle cities in the u.s. should be able to drive there. the freedom is awesome. at present the low price seems to have moved up to $211 and change with taxes for one week..........

Re: Dhana Rental Car?

Has any one used Dhana car rental? The rates look good.

I read something on Trip Adviser to the effect of the collision damage waiver only covers over $3500 Does that mean you could be liable for the 1st $3500??????

How much deposit do they require?

Private car rental starting to look good again.