Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Non-Jamaica Trip Reports & Photography - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=50" /> Bangkok & India - Page 7
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Bangkok & India

Administrator
    Entrance to one of the Malls

PICT0177.jpg

A tuk-tuk taxi
    PICT0180.jpg

Shrines (if that is the correct term) to the Buddah were all over the place. People walking by would stop and pray/meditate and continue on their way. There was one of these structures on the grounds of the hotel. It was on a much smaller scale, but it was there.

PICT0184.jpg

PICT0185.jpg
    7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

Administrator
    As I mentioned before, I was going to split my trip up into two threads but then decided to combine the two. My trip actually started in India, then I went to Bangkok and back to India.

India started in Mumbai. Mumbai is a big bustling busy city. Terrible traffic, lots of wealth and plenty of poverty. The part I found astonishing is that wealth and poverty are literally across the street from each other. From what I understand it is done as a matter of convenience. The wealthy need maids, chauffeurs, nannies and the usual assortment of service workers. But because of the size of the city and the time it takes to move around, it is most convenient if the help lives across the street. That way they can always be ready when their services are needed.

As my flight approached the city, I eagerly looked out the window to catch my first glimpses of Mumbai. My first thoughts were 'what the....?' I saw big beautiful sexy glass buildings surrounded by slums. The plane continued its approach and my view didn't change. High-rise expensive looking buildings and then the typical shanty town, tenament yaad style zinc or tarp top homes right along side the rest.

I took some photos, but the day was overcast and the window of the plane was cloudy. But I think you can get the idea.

Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
    The slums boarder right up to the edge of the airport. As the population grows, the help continue to capture land. I was surprised they were allowed to live this close to the airport, especially when you consider the amount of terror attacks they have in India. Security to get in and move around the airport is tight, so this is surprising.

PICT0234.jpg

Administrator
    Of course, when in India the Taj Mahal is a must see. We decided to do the golden triangle. The Taj is in Agra, but the airports are in New Delhi and Jaipur. All three cities form a triangle of almost equal distance on each side. The itinerary was fly from Mumbai to Jaipur then drive to Agra. Tour the Taj, then drive to New Delhi and fly back to Mumbai.

Administrator
    Jaipur is called the pink city because one of the English royalty was coming for a visit. The king at that time painted the city pink because it is considered the color of hospitality. There is also stone native to the area that has a pink hue, many of the buildings and forts are built with this stone. So they have the natural pink color, in addition to the buildings painted pink. To this day, the residents continue to paint the buildings pink.

I didn't get many pics of the pink city. We hired a driver and his AC wasn't working well. It was in the 90's and humid that day. I was so miserable, It was hard to enjoy the city.

Cho...I thought I had my Jaipur pics downloaded. Me gone a bed. Dem soon come.

near di USA border a watch out fi Canadians :- D
    Hope shi washed har foot fus? Yuh neva kno whe som people foot bin, or how crusty dem is.

Lov yuh roport soh far Pep!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    , so that entailed the masseuse grabbing hold to handles in the roof and using her feet to give the massage.
    Last edited by j-kid; 06-16-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    JA.com member #946 for LIFE!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by j-kid View Post
    Hope shi washed har foot fus? Yuh neva kno whe som people foot bin, or how crusty dem is.

Lov yuh roport soh far Pep!!!!!

LOL, I am going to have to ask about that, and thanks.

Really enjoying your report