Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Jamaican News and Discussions Archive - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=44" /> ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper - Page 10
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    My body may be stuck here.... but my heart is in Jamaica.

Re: ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

Blueingreen, it is your right to donate to any charities or worthwhile causes with which you are comfortable and in which you have confidence. Don't let anyone pressure you into doing anything that makes you uncomfortable.

Okay. I just hung up the phone with Ms Fay Duncan, the Chief Medical Social Worker at the University Hospital of the West Indies. I went through the operator person to person and lucked out. I had no difficulty getting through right away today.

Ms Duncan has agreed to contact Ms. Gentiles, the coordinator at the Institute of Jamaica's Juniour Centre that has been set up in cooperation with the St. Andrew Settlement to help the boys who are on the street. Ms Gentiles would know the identity of the boy featured in the article. This is the information about the programme from the church web site:

St. Andrew Care Centre - is being established as the first point of entry for street boys between ages 8 and 18 into the "Possibility Programme" which is being coordinated out of the Project Management Implementation Unit (PMIU) in the Prime Minister's Office. Social workers and voluntary groups will care for and mentor the boys registered at the Centre.

They will also diagnose their individual needs, whether these be emotional, psychological, medical, physical, educational or training and refer the boys to organizations already established to address those needs. The Care Centre will be constructed on Church lands adjoining Ambrook Lane in Half Way Tree.

The project developed out of the Saturday outreach programme, "Little Brothers of St. Andrew" started in 1997. A number of persons representing a wide range of business and community interests and having technical skills relevant to the successful running of the Care Centre have accepted appointment to the Board of Management of the Centre.
    Ms Duncan agreed to work with Miss Gentiles to ensure that the mother gets the required medical care for her Lupus. The Medical Social Work Department also attempts to hook mothers up with skill building opportunities and programmes and yes, blueingreen, rest assured, they address the family planning issues too.

Okay the contact information for Miss Gentiles is:

(876) 968-9366
    (876) 906-3335

I provided Ms Duncan with my personal e-mail address and asked her to pass it on to Miss Gentiles. I will post whatever information I receive here.

For those of you wanting to support the St. Andrew Settlement here is the information about them:

Hi T
    The lady got back to me concerning St.Andrews.
    The email is [email protected]<br />
    They have web site at:

http://standrewch.com

If you have any problems get back to me. Ms Fay says that the web site has lots of info & dept links (not had time to have a look yet)
    she is a memeber of the church anyway so you can link to her through the site.

Bless
    Libby
    Here is the contact information for the church that runs the St. Andrew Settlement and the programme in which Aston is involved. For those wanting to send donations directly, I think that it would be okay to send donations to them c/o Rev. Canon Robert Thompson the to the attention of Miss Gentiles. Specify the date of the article in the Gleaner, the writer and the name of the boy (it probably wouldn't hurt to print off the article and include it):

St. Andrew Parish Church
    Hagley Park Road
    POB 703
    Half Way Tree
    Kingston 10
    Jamaica
    Telephone: (876) 926-6692, 968-9366
    Fax: (876) 960-8463
    e-mail [email protected]<br />
    Rector: Rev. Canon Robert Thompson

Tuff Gong will post any information he receives in due course.

Originally posted by remo:
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [/QB]
    You have a right to be confused, but I thought as much though.

xxbig

Originally posted by blueingreen:
    [qb]
    [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [/qb]
    You have a right to be confused, but I thought as much though.

xxbig [/QB]
    yes you confuse the hell out of me..I'm pretty sure you even confuse yourself.
    you need help find yourself a good psychologist...
    You cannot change the people around you. But you can change the people you are around.

yes you confuse the hell out of me..I'm pretty sure you even confuse yourself.
    you need help find yourself a good psychologist... [/QB]
    Awwww... didn't know you cared so much.

Just who the hell do you think you are giving me advice or making assumptions about my mental state? But since you've taken such loving interest, please pass on the telephone number of YOUR pshychologist.

Another thing, do me the favour and take the advice of your little quote at the end of your messages...you know the one "never argue with a woman when she's tired....or rested", and let me add "p i s s e d off!!" to that list.

Last but not least, quit your little SISSY postings aimed at me and get a life!

xxbig

remo let it go. please.

Every obstacle is an opportunity in disguise.

Friday and Monday it the day to look forward the lady getting back to me.
    I will write to the writer of the story again on the off chance that the lady is not getting her emails from me.

I know for sure that the writer gets and answer my emails.
    Thanks everyone, who is still interested just keep checking, it is still on.

Peace!
    <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

when this started I had black hair.still interested however.we are trying to do a good thing here.
    You cannot change the people around you. But you can change the people you are around.

[qb] when this started I had black hair.still interested however.we are trying to do a good think here. [/qb]
    Yes but it is not like it was intended at the start to be what it is no. I could have just posted the names and other details she sent me but I have to be careful.

We still have a few more steps which may or may not work. I am not one to worry about time so long as there is movement forward. I am making a call now to see what I can do.

Peace!

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Okay we have a go:
    Greetings,
    Thank you for the interest that you have shown, I sent a mail previously and it was returned , however I am trying again. Should you have any donations please
    send it to the Institute of Jamaica, 10-16 East
    Street,Kingston. The Email addres for the IOJ is
    [email protected] Should you require
    additional information you may direct same (via Email)to Mr Colin Neita Acting Director, Development and Public Relations, or Mr Howard Financial Controller.
    The web site for the IOJ is www.instituteofjamaica.org.jm
    You my also Email me at [email protected]<br />Best Wishes and Thank you.
    Cele(s)tine Thomas
    Above I have published the email from Ms Thomas to me. I made a telephone call to the Institute of Jamaica, Junior Center, Ms Thomas is on leave, Mr. Colin Neita is on leave so I spoke to Mr. Howard Dawkins, he said he spoke to Ms Thomas and I can publish the details of any emails re: Sons on the Street.

Here is Mr. Dawkins direct telephone # 1(876)922-4108, you can call and discuss with him any concern you individually may have.

Now I will ask X-Man if he wants to delegate someone to collect and disburse the contributions, then from that point I will become just a contributor myself.

Other numbers and contacts:

Institute of Jamaica, 10-16 East Street, Kingston
    Tel: (876)-9220620-6,
    Fax: (876)-9221147, Email: [email protected] IOJ

this is great news.your idea to designate someone to collect the funds is also a sound plan
    nuff respeck to Tuff Gong