Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Jamaican News and Discussions Archive - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=44" /> ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper - Page 11
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

Originally posted by remo:
    [qb] still interested however.we are trying to do a good think here. [/qb]
    How? By being a PSYCHO/BULLY/SISSY/TACKY *** SHOW OFF?!!!

Originally posted by Tuff Gong:
    Yes but it is not like it was intended at the start to be what it is no.
    Exactly!! But after going over this thread, why do I get the feeling that you and dearest ((Remo)) are one in the same?

xxbig

Originally posted by blueingreen:
    [qb] why do I get the feeling that you and dearest ((Remo)) are one in the same?

xxbig [/qb]
    No we are two individuals in different parts of the world.
    Peace!
    <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

My body may be stuck here.... but my heart is in Jamaica.

Excellent. Great progress Tuff Gong.

Here is more information about the St. Andrew Settlement that works with the Institute of Jamaica to provide this and other valuable services to the Majesty Gardens Community. It is run by the same church about which I posted in my last thread:

The St Andrew's Settlement in Kingston, Jamaica was established in 1965 to raise the standards of living of the people in Majesty Gardens - a densely populated community off the Spanish Town Road, Kingston. Over the years St Martin's has been privileged to observe St Andrew's at it set up a range of facilities for Majesty Gardens. These include youth work and skills-training workshops, health care facilities, the Golden Age Club, a Library Service and Day Care and Pre-School Centre.
    Boardites based in the UK may contact this church for more information as they provide support to the St. Andrew Settlement on an on-going basis:

http://www.stmartin-in-the-fields.or...l/priority.jsp

EDITED TO ADD:

I have just received confirmation from a social work instructor at UWI who I contacted last week that this is the direct contact information for the St. Andrew Settlement if anyone is interested in donating directly to them. (As I suspected, Mr. Levy has passed away. This is a tremendouc loss. He was highly dedicated and worked hard and made MANY sacrifices to help the community:

A Jos. A Chambers is the new Executive Director.

Address....

Jos. A Chambers
    Executive Director
    St. Andrew Settlement
    Majestic Gardens,
    P.O 152,
    KINGSTON 11.

Phone # 876 923 9162
    Fax 987 901 3242.

TG: thanks for staying in there. it would have been so easy to just post and run. i'll keep watching until we have a response for the X Man.
    The grass is always greener on the other side, that is until you get there

Originally posted by kumba1:
    [qb] TG: thanks for staying in there. it would have been so easy to just post and run. i'll keep watching until we have a response for the X Man. [/qb]
    Peace Kumba1 we are almost ready!

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Originally posted by Tuff Gong:
    [qb]
    Originally posted by kumba1:
    [qb] TG: thanks for staying in there. it would have been so easy to just post and run. i'll keep watching until we have a response for the X Man. [/qb]
    Peace Kumba1 we are almost ready! [/qb]
    LOL....

xxbig

Tuff Gong - I will be away for a week on vaca - will check back with you next Saturday - hopefully not too late.
    Much respect for all your good work, to you and Tropicana.

Peace and light....
    'Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects
    all indirectly' MLK Jr 4/16/63 Birmingham Jail letter

Originally posted by igglesfan:
    [qb] Tuff Gong - I will be away for a week on vaca - will check back with you next Saturday - hopefully not too late.
    Peace and light.... [/qb]
    That should be fine I just wrote to X-Man about it and I am waiting for his reply. Peace

Just got an email from Ms Thomas:

Greetings ****,
    yes I recieved your email and am truly grateful for what you have been doing. We have no objections to you sharing the story, as a matter of fact that is we need all the publicity and if you can help you in this regard many thanks.

I will be out of office for a while, as I will be
    undertaking some studies, however Howard Dawkins and Colin Neita will be happy to assist you. You can still email me as well, as I will be happy to assist you in any possible way. Thanks.
    Howard told me that you called and I truly appreciate that.
    Let us keep in touch.

((kumba)) couldn't agree with you more!

((TG)) You've done an excellent thing with this project, seeing the merit in helping a family who really needs the help, digging for the info and staying on top of it. The manner in which quite a few of the regular members 'come together' at certain critical times (I believe) is a testament to what Marcia was striving for, togetherness, to make a difference in other's lives.