Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Jamaican News and Discussions Archive - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=44" /> ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper - Page 18
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Re: ASTON is a 15-year-old with a vicious temper

I like that idea as well ((TG)) I think it would be great if the 'Sons' fund concept could be used ongoing to help other 'sons'.

News... I just got off the phone with Mr. Dawkins at the IOJ.

Apparently when we started our original quest last fall, 'Diane' was being given assistance through the Halfway Tree Youth Centre... and has since moved from that area.

I've provided him with (Q's) number... so Q listen for that phone to ring (I just left you a message). Mr. Dawkins will speak with the people at the Halfway Tree Youth Centre and see if they can track 'Diane' and the family... and hopefully resolve this matter today.

Great idea ((Tuff Gong))... I am with you on that!!!!

Also thanks for the update Sistah.. appreciate all of your involvement as well...

and Q.....you know i think the world of you... and greatly appreciate the time you take from your busy life and job to handle this.....I hope this is all finalized soon..... if i could help more in the leg work.. you know that i would..
    A positive attitude might not solve your problems but will annoy others to make it worth the effort

Originally posted by SistahD:
    [qb] News... I just got off the phone with Mr. Dawkins at the IOJ.

Apparently when we started our original quest last fall, 'Diane' was being given assistance through the Halfway Tree Youth Centre... and has since moved from that area.

I've provided him with (Q's) number... so Q listen for that phone to ring (I just left you a message). Mr. Dawkins will speak with the people at the Halfway Tree Youth Centre and see if they can track 'Diane' and the family... and hopefully resolve this matter today. [/qb]
    Knowing Jamaicans here is what I think is happening the People at the IOJ with other persons reading the story helped this lady out.
    The lady having no cause to think that she would be getting anything else has found a spot to live, picked up her business activity and has gotten back into the daily grind as best she can.

I don't think she would necessarily be calling the IOJ daily to seek funds and the IOJ having to deal with their mission possibly had no time to actively keep up with her, so she has fallen off the radar.

Hopefully we can locate her and will be able to add this little help to whatever she is able to do for herself.

Now all is not loss if we allow ourselves one more month to actively locate her and we cannot then with the members here we can kick the funds into another area of need.

It is not easy to help people in Jamaica because of all the red tape, the broken post office and difficulty of moving around especially in certain areas. Q or Mr. Smith cannot just walk into certain neighbourhoods asking about this family.

I suggest that if we don't find her in two weeks we send a letter to the editor and try a Bawl Out on Laing and Company (that about all that 3 hour of trash is good for anyway).

There is a story here that will illustrate just how difficult it is to organize and help needy people in Jamaica unless you are a big registered charity like Food For the Poor:

Still no help for acid victim

By LEIGHTON WILLIAMS, Staff Reporter

http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/...ews/news2.html
    <span style="font-weight: bold">0ok</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

((TG))) Sad to see people trying to help people... and having such great difficulty... even more sad that those who really need the assistance have such difficulty to receive.

Discouraging... but lets keep positive... we either find her in time and get the funds to her.. or we reroute them to someone equally in need....

Hold on Q and dont spend the money!!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    A positive attitude might not solve your problems but will annoy others to make it worth the effort

[qb] ((TG))) Sad to see people trying to help people... and having such great difficulty... even more sad that those who really need the assistance have such difficulty to receive. [/qb]
    That is why we who love it, we who live it and some whe run lef it muss try change it.

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;What good fortune for those in power that people do not think&quot;</span>
    - <span style="font-weight: bold">Adolf Hitler</span>, as quoted by Joachim Fest.

Originally posted by BND1999:
    [qb] Discouraging... but lets keep positive... we either find her in time and get the funds to her.. or we reroute them to someone equally in need....

[/qb]
    Well it is not such a bad thing if the reason why we cannot find her is because she is doing well, but I suspect that even if she has made some forward progress she could use our little help.

The presentation has been made (today) -details to follow!

Special thanks to ((((((((Q3210))))))))) for his local persistence and dedication to finalize this project on our behalf - we certainly could not have done this without you!!

And to all of YOU who have helped keep us strong throughout this endeavour, and who have donated or assisted in other ways, thank you as well.

(((Xavier))) yuh knoa!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[qb] The presentation has been made (today) -details to follow!

Special thanks to ((((((((Q3210))))))))) for his local persistence and dedication to finalize this project on our behalf - we certainly could not have done this without you!!

And to all of YOU who have helped keep us strong throughout this endeavour, and who have donated or assisted in other ways, thank you as well.

(((Xavier))) yuh knoa!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/qb]
    Good glad to know that the lady finally get the likkle smalls.