Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Best of Jamaicans.com - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=37" /> Jamaican Dog Sled Team - Page 4
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Re: Jamaican Dog Sled Team... PICS!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nanook</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I don’t believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    That’s not right. That’s not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

Great pix from Nanook and Ken!! Totally cool!!

TSmall, gwan do di nex intaview a yaad!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nanook</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hiya Roots and TSMall! Yes it was major fun! There are lots of YouTube links from the two I posted! I think you need to take a drive to the other side of the island and go see the team! Robb is leaving back to Jamaica tomorrow so you could meet him too.

The standings at the finish were Robb is 6th place and Ken in 5th place. Ken would have placed higher in the standings but on Saturday's sprint a young up and coming musher lost his team and the dogs left him stranded on the trail. In true sportsmanship fashion, Ken picked up the young musher and helped him along. </div></div>

What town is he going to? O and I have a little trip planned. Let me know Tuesday if possible.

CHUKKA has two locations - MoBay and Ochi

Two types of particpation -the encounter...tions to JSPCA)

Email: [email protected]

Chukka Cove Farm
    Laughlands P.O.
    St. Ann, Jamaica

Phone: (876) 972-2506
    Fax: (876) 972-0814

MEDIA CONTACTS
    Marsha Sterling [email protected]

DANNY MELVILLE
    [email protected]

CHUKKA CARIBBEAN

Corporate Office
    Shop#2
    Freeport Shopping Centre
    Montego Bay
    Jamaica

Tel: 786-838-0712
    Fax: (876) 684-9931

Great info SistahD! TSMall and Orbra, yes, go meet the guys, it would be an awesome addition to the article! Please take lots of pics! I would be headed to Ochie base if I were you!

LeAnne, Robb is on his way home as I type this. My guestimate since I used to take that flight is he will land in Montego Bay early afternoon.

Teacher Mark sent me more wonderful photos this morning! Wait till you see these! I will go re size and upload and soon come back with them...

Re: Jamaican Dog Sled Team... NEW PICS!

I mentioned that Robb and Ken did a presentation at a local school last week for 2nd graders in teacher Mark's class. I have some photos of that day that are just precious! I can share these two as you cannot really make out children identity but I'll keep the rest sacred.

The event at the school was a hit from what I have heard and I hope teacher Mark will share some story of it with us for the article.

Re: Jamaican Dog Sled Team...NEW PICS!

If anyone has any doubts about sprint mushing being a tame sport, notice how much of the sled and dogs are not even touching the ground! They are literally flying down the trail. It is a symphony of man and beast

<span style="font-weight: bold">MUSH MON! </span>

I simply cannot thank Mark enough for these wonderful photographs! Sadly, he gave me a serious case of camera envy and now it seems imperative that I replace my little Nikon point and shoot before the end of this year!

More kudos to Ken for his wonderful work. He and Robb seem like a natural team together and that was wonderful to see. Ken is a true sportsman. I saw it with Robb and I saw it on the trail when he helped another young musher that lost his team by sacrificing his race to help him.

And last but not least...

Safe travels Robb! I look forward to seeing you again next winter when you come back to Minnesota and the dogs here!

<span style="font-weight: bold">ONE MUSH!</span> Happy trails to you, until we meet again!

Stay tuned for the article we are working on for Xavier for April 1st! Once it hits the main page, then we will post it in this thread too!