Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Best of Jamaicans.com - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=37" /> ok since we confessing.... - Page 12
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Re: ok since we confessing....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i confess (once again) to my dislike of all things curried and jerked, or anyting wid peppa for that matter.

</div></div>
    strickly brown stew? </div></div>

is just so much brown stew me can eat too

</div></div>

So, what you luv fi nyam, Jamaican?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ja. Jewel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Quote Originally Posted by ceabee
    i confess (once again) to my dislike of all things curried and jerked, or anyting wid peppa for that matter.

</div></div>

</div></div>

I am not even going to post my original thought when I read this Ja Jewel
    And he will slay any Dragon for me [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/inlove1.gif[/img]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nylah</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ja. Jewel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Quote Originally Posted by MGee
    i confess (once again) to my dislike of all things curried and jerked, or anyting wid peppa for that matter.

</div></div>

</div></div>

Dat was a totally innocent question....jus wondering...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nylah</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ja. Jewel</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Quote Originally Posted by MGee

</div></div>

</div></div>

Dat was a totally innocent question!...enquiring minds want to know...purely from a food standpoint!...seriously!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tropicana</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I confess that I can't dance, can't play cricket; I'm poorly endowed, I'm racist and I'm white. </div></div>

Ah but do you check fi Black Jamaican ooman? THAT is the question.

</div></div>
    No, only white Jamaican women.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Healthy skepticism: investigating what you doubt. Unhealty skepticism: refusing to investigate what you doubt.

</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tuff Gong</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">simple. is so ppl can understand dem. standard english fi nuff ppl is not dem first language. patwa is more than just broken english. and mi no really getting this notion of patwa &quot;at its most basic&quot;. to mi that would probly be english with a jamaican accent, not patwa.

see rich, i believe u don't speak patwa. i think red said the same thing.
    </div></div>Remember Patois is not new and concurrent with Jamaicans Patois the English Language was undergoing serious changes as well. Most of the Euro-Peoples that African Slaves would have dealt with spoke little or no Queen’s English.
    That is the reason for the Queens English because there were so many varied examples of English been used all over the BE.

My argument is that the African and other influences modified the base, which was English, just as the Celtic and Germanic Languages modified same.
    It is for that reason the fourteen Parishes in Jamaica have a different take on Patois, it all depended on what modifiers were more prevalent.

</div></div>

Tuffy tuffy tuffy.. Dont u learn anyting yet.. Patwa is conclusive proof dat jsmaican is pure un diluted african.. Spanish, taino, german, doric and galic has have nothing to do with it....

incidentally get a book called Joesph Knight.... one of the top ten scotish novels and see the similarity with scotish english.. The book is about a Jamaican slave who is taken to Scotland at the time of the Lord Mansfeild ruling..
    What nonsense! How can you have a revolution without shooting people ? Lenin 26th October 1917...
    If Christians go to heaven, I do not want to go to Heaven: Hatuey. 2/02/1512

My body may be stuck here.... but my heart is in Jamaica.

Wahalla, how much time mi ave fe tell you...one drop rule. Even Bob Marley song about One Drop.... I posted about this JUST for you in the Non-Black Jamaicans in Their own Words Thread. I even dedicated a song to your Taino forebearers. However, as Peter Tosh said... &quot;No Mattah where you come from, if you're a Black man, You're an African&quot;. It would be an interesting thread to discuss why so many Jamaicans want to claim every drop of blood in their veins except the African blood. But, that's for another day and another thread. It's called the Tiger Woods syndrome. He ALSO denies he is Black....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    So, what you luv fi nyam, Jamaican?</div></div>

oxtail, stewpeas, ackee and saltfish, plantain (), fry fish and festival, green banana, dumpling, stew- (chicken fish, etc), soup, other tings weh nuh cook wid hot hellfire pepper...
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ceabee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    So, what you luv fi nyam, Jamaican?</div></div>

oxtail, stewpeas, ackee and saltfish, plantain (), fry fish and festival, green banana, dumpling, stew- (chicken fish, etc), soup, other tings weh nuh cook wid hot hellfire pepper... </div></div>

Since mi live a Yaad, mi lern fi cook wid nuff peppa. Mi mout can now hangle ie but mi han from cutting dem up sometime bun mi fi hours afta mi finish, even if mi wash dem good wid soap!

I'm not big into red meat (or animal parts), so I stick to mostly chicken &amp; fish but nuff oxtail &amp; goat get cooked inna mi yaad, jus not by me....I have to save a few things for my husband to do and he does cook them well....mi love the gravy, jus cyant hangle di meat part.....love the flavor of the pimento in the stew peas!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tropicana</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Wahalla, how much time mi ave fe tell you...one drop rule. Even Bob Marley song about One Drop.... I posted about this JUST for you in the Non-Black Jamaicans in Their own Words Thread. I even dedicated a song to your Taino forebearers. However, as Peter Tosh said... &quot;No Mattah where you come from, if you're a Black man, You're an African&quot;. It would be an interesting thread to discuss why so many Jamaicans want to claim every drop of blood in their veins except the African blood. But, that's for another day and another thread. It's called the Tiger Woods syndrome. He ALSO denies he is Black.... </div></div>

Well me change me confession. I am mixed

Is about time. awooa!