Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Faith, Reason & Philosophy - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=23" /> Alphabet Bible Verse-Game - Page 3
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Alphabet Bible Verse-Game

<span style="font-weight: bold">O </span>

Oh Jerusalem, how I long to gather you like a hen gathers her chicks (is is dove?). Source: Jeremiah or Hosea or Ezekiel ... one a dem doom's day prophet dem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silent_River</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Compray</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">D</span>

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. (Wait deh...dat inna di Bible?) </div></div>

No, it nat in di Bible

And neither is the 'crowing hen' verse. Remember that one people say all the time?

Beg yu find another 'D' </div></div>

Matthew 7:12 (New Living Translation)

The Golden Rule
    12 “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silent_River</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaith2</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Compray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Suh nobody nah tek issue wid my previous entry?

<span style="font-weight: bold">J</span>

Jesus wept. John 11...verse something. </div></div>

no way am i gonna question your Bible knowledge!!!! </div></div>

MI wi question it jaith!

COMPRAY!!.Come 'ere...what kina verse is dat?! Hark the Herald Angels Sing? Find anneda 'H' </div></div>

Ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....what did you do that for? Cho.

I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

Mi can barely si outta mi eye dem after dem two tump deh. Si one dat mi read pan di prayer line tonight.

<span style="font-weight: bold">H</span> again cause River lady is picky

Psalm 37:6, He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

You should give me one bax fi dat Compray Do unto others??

RE: 'Do unto others' verse
    King James quote it differently, it looks like. All this time, I thought it was a made up verse, like that 'crowing hen' thing. I think its the way people repeat that verse, paraphrasing etc. Maybe that 'crowing hen' thing is in the bible, then, they were probably paraphrasing.

Hush mi can hardly si outta mi left eye to afta di bax mi give mi self.
    I am thinking...do you smell smoke?

FKA-DC

<span style="font-weight: bold">P</span>

Pray without ceasing

FKA-DC

Q

Quiet! Be still! (Mark 4:39)
    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silent_River</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should give me one bax fi dat Compray Do unto others??

RE: 'Do unto others' verse
    King James quote it differently, it looks like. All this time, I thought it was a made up verse, like that 'crowing hen' thing. I think its the way people repeat that verse, paraphrasing etc. Maybe that 'crowing hen' thing is in the bible, then, they were probably paraphrasing.

Hush mi can hardly si outta mi left eye to afta di bax mi give mi self. </div></div>actually it is an old Irish Proverb and not found in the bible at all..imagine the astonishment of a preacher I outed with this bit of info...that was my last visit to that church..
    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]</span>

Hey blankie

yeah, a true. the 'do unto others' phrase is not in the bible, but it looks like they were paraphrasing from that matthew 7 :12. Well, if you look at it from the Living Translation, it comes kind of close.

FKA-DC

<span style="font-weight: bold">R</span>

Rejoice in the LORD always. Again I say, rejoice. Phil. 4