Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Recipes & Cooking tips - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=18" /> Recipe of the Day - Page 11
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Recipe of the Day

Green mango and papaya are great in salads. I almost prefer those two fruits green as they can be sickly soft and sweet when ripe (especially papaya ).
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Twiney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Green Mango Salad
    (Serves 6)

Ingredients

* 4 - 6 firm, green (underripe) mangos, any variety
    * ¼ cup (60 mL) fine julienne of red pepper
    * ¼ cup (60 mL) fine julienne of carrot
    * ¼ cup (60 mL) finely sliced wedges of red onion
    * ½ cup (125 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
    * ½ cup (125 mL) finely chopped fresh mint
    * 3 Tbsp (45 mL) fish sauce
    * 2 - 3 Tbsp (30-45 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice
    * 1 - 2 tsp (5-10 mL) sugar
    * 1 small, hot, green chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped

1. With a sharp knife, take a small slice off the stem ends of the mangos. Peel.

2. Carefully cut off several ¼-inch (.6 cm) slices from the fleshy sides of each mango. Cut the flesh of the fruit into a fine julienne. You should have 3 - 4 cups (750 - 1,000 mL) of fruit.

3. Toss mango with red pepper, carrot, onion, cilantro and mint.

4. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except peanuts. Stir well to dissolve sugar. Note that the amount of sugar and lime juice required will depend on the type and ripeness of the mango. Add additional lime and sugar to taste. Toss mango mixture with dressing. Refrigerate. </div></div>
    Show me your papers.

going to try this one soon.

Cooking Light recipe...

Ingredients
    Cooking spray
    4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
    1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
    5 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, diced
    1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
    1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
    3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese
    1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
    4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops, trimmed
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
    Preparation
    Preheat broiler.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 2 garlic cloves; sauté 1 minute. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, tomatoes, and spinach; sauté until moisture evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in cheeses and rind.

Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each pork chop to form a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 cup spinach mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper over pork. Arrange pork on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with cooking spray; place rack in pan. Combine remaining 2 garlic cloves, juice, mustard, and oregano in a bowl; stir well. Brush half of mustard mixture over pork. Broil 6 minutes; turn pork. Brush remaining mixture over pork; broil 2 minutes or until done.

Nutritional Information
    Calories: 232 (33% from fat)
    Fat: 8.6g (sat 3.4g,mono 3.1g,poly 0.7g)
    Protein: 32.1g
    Carbohydrate: 7.2g
    Fiber: 2.8g
    Cholesterol: 73mg
    Iron: 2.5mg
    Sodium: 640mg
    Calcium: 186mg

hmm the sodium kinda high tho'

from the cheese?
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

<span style="font-family: 'Courier New'"><span style="color: #000066">CB..that stuffed pork chop recipe sounds good....let me know how it turns out...better yet, take a picture and post it.... </span></span>
    http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/a...04/pepper2.jpg
    <span style="font-weight: bold">ONE LOVE, HEALTH, PEACE &amp; HAPPINESS</span>
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;free your heart from hatred...love all...give more...expect less&quot;</span>

tek picta and poas.? no sah

it does sound good but i'm rethinking because of the high sodium and mr cb a watch him salt.

me woulda haffi mek it for me one, and me nuh feel like cook three pot (doan ask )

tanya (the other pork eater pon the board ) can mek it and tek picture fi us
    “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.”

What happened? Who ran the picture lady off?

Anyway, I have not made corn maque choux in a long time but I looked at what was in the fridge and that's what was calling to me. It was so good!

Ingredients
    * 1 small onion, chopped
    * 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
    * 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
    * 3 cups frozen shoepeg corn, thawed
    * 2 plum tomatoes, diced
    * 1/4 pound andouille sausage, cooked and diced
    * 1/4 cup chopped green onion tops
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Preparation

Sauté onion and bell pepper in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 8 minutes or until tender. Add corn, tomato, and sausage; cook, stirring often, 15 minutes. Stir in green onions, salt, and pepper; cook 5 minutes.

I posted the recipe from here: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...cipe_id=258936 since I don't really measure quantities, but all the ingredients are there and they look like they are in the right proportions.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Parmesan Spinach Balls
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Parmesa...ls/Detail.aspx

Oh joy!

Ingredients

* 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
    * 2 cups Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs
    * 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    * 1/2 cup butter, melted
    * 4 small green onion, finely chopped
    * 4 eggs, lightly beaten
    * salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. In a medium bowl, mix the frozen chopped spinach, Italian-style seasoned bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, butter, green onion, eggs, salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls.

3. Arrange the balls in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

That sounds lovely Tulip!

Tulip going to try the spinach balls next weekend for church. I have been 2 busy with the boys to spend as much time as I would like on the board but u can keep the thread going

I had Spinach Balls once but the doctor cleared it up with a powerful antibiotic and I'm fine now..
    Question authority.

My stuff: http://www.etsy.com/shop/landandseaglass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnycakes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had Spinach Balls once but the doctor cleared it up with a powerful antibiotic and I'm fine now.. </div></div>

Why you so nasty johnnycakes?

Now I'm inclined to cook some spinach balls this weekend. I might take a picture and post it. They're delicious unlike the thought of gangrene testicles you brought up in here.