Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Best of Jamaicans.com - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=37" /> Live reporting from the scene of Amer Airlines flight 331 - Page 8
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Re: Live reporting from the scene of Amer Airlines flight 331

it would not have the same impact in english. That's MY opinion and that's The ONLY correct one anyone who disagrees a EEEEDIAT!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dr dudd fi recanize that part of the joy of the story is in the patwa and the culutre the patwa is expressing. </div></div>

MG - You know I made the same argument to someone when I was discussing whether to really write a book or not. You are right some of this jokes are intrinsically cultural and it's hard to write the kind of comedy I would feel comfortable writing to audiences that don’t understand the culture. I am not a romance novel kind of writer which would no doubtely have wider range .. I just love writing parodies and goofy Jamaican stuff but the audience is limited when it comes to writing a book. What to do
    <span style="font-weight: bold"> Click HERE 4 Info.. </span>

keep doing what u doing, there's enuff of a jamaican market. well, nuff piracy a gwaan still, but i think u can achieve commercial success catering to the cultural market.
    <span style="font-style: italic">All Glory to The Hypnotoad!</span>

Exactly MGee just look at Bashment Granny and Shebada

a soon change back mi name

Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

So what do you say about the boards where they have to translate it and it is just as popular??
    Of course a part will be due ti the patwa.
    But that part is only a small percent of the Internet.
    That is why China is making teaching of english in schools mandatory.
    They still teach in Chinese, but they want to be able to communicate with the world.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dr dudd fi recanize that part of the joy of the story is in the patwa and the culutre the patwa is expressing. </div></div>
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

Yes look at them.
    i wonder if they were in English if they would not have a larger audience?
    Anyway, most of us only think within the box.
    a very small box too.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Exactly MGee just look at Bashment Granny and Shebada

a soon change back mi name </div></div>
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Exactly MGee just look at Bashment Granny and Shebada

Tanya as you mentioned that I learned something today... One of the sites my brother sent (and one you linked to) he pointed out one of the comments someone made. He asked if I had seen the comment where a poster asked if it was a “Mock up”

I saw it but I didn’t know what that meant.. he told me that meant the person was asking if this was an actual script that was lifted. So based on what you said yes this kind of stuff works for script writing – Bashment granny etc… but would it go over well in a book in the short form that I usually write parodies

I am asking all these questions because I am getting serious about this now. Couple fellow boardites and mi bredda have been giving me a tongue lashing fram dis marning that I feel I am wasting time
    <span style="font-weight: bold"> Click HERE 4 Info.. </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So what do you say about the boards where they have to translate it and it is just as popular??
    Of course a part will be due ti the patwa.
    But that part is only a small percent of the Internet.
    That is why China is making teaching of english in schools mandatory.
    They still teach in Chinese, but they want to be able to communicate with the world.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dr dudd fi recanize that part of the joy of the story is in the patwa and the culutre the patwa is expressing. </div></div> </div></div>

two diffrant argument yasso doc. china still have dem version of &quot;roots play&quot;, chuss mi, even as demma force english dung dem pikney choat a school.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wendilina</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Exactly MGee just look at Bashment Granny and Shebada

Tanya as you mentioned that I learned something today... One of the sites my brother sent (and one you linked to) he pointed out one of the comments someone made. He asked if I had seen the comment where a poster asked if it was a “Mock up”

I saw it but I didn’t know what that meant.. he told me that meant the person was asking if this was an actual script that was lifted. So based on what you said yes this kind of stuff works for script writing – Bashment granny etc… but would it go over well in a book in the short form that I usually write parodies

I am asking all these questions because I am getting serious about this now. Couple fellow boardites and mi bredda have been giving me a tongue lashing fram dis marning that I feel I am wasting time </div></div>

ur strength is dialogue, my dear, and ur future, should u so wish to embrace it, is in scriptwriting - stage play, movie, television....

That is what I was thinking of too. Not book, but drama,movies TV. If it is done in book form it could be comic strip form. In english of course. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MGee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wendilina</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Diabolical_Tanya</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Exactly MGee just look at Bashment Granny and Shebada

I am asking all these questions because I am getting serious about this now. Couple fellow boardites and mi bredda have been giving me a tongue lashing fram dis marning that I feel I am wasting time </div></div>

ur strength is dialogue, my dear, and ur future, should u so wish to embrace it, is in scriptwriting - stage play, movie, television....
    </div></div>