Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Discover Jamaica - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=19" /> Montego Bay visit from Dublin, Ireland...........need advice from the locals
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Montego Bay visit from Dublin, Ireland...........need advice from the locals

Hey everyone,

I'm travelling to Montego Bay next year for 1 week and looking for the best way to soak up the local culture. I'm travelling from Ireland and staying in a resort in MoBay. Not too keen to stay in a resort but the trip was a gift (how could I say no!!)

I've always wanted to go to Jamaica, I love the cultcha, reggae n dancehall music so I definitely don't want to stay in the resort when I travel. I want to go out and about and see the area, can you recommend anywhere for a young Irish bwoy n his gyal to go in MoBay for some food, drinks and tunes? Also, any place to shop for 7" vinyl (I have a wicked record habit)

Any advice and recommendations would be great!

Collie

Administrator
    There are a couple record shops on Barnett Street, not sure how much vinyl they sell, but Barnett street is a good place to start.

Which resort are you staying in? There are a couple clubs on on the strip, fancy to rustic to dive bars. Walk the strip and take your pick. The better clubs are on the west end of the strip, closer to Aqua Sol beach.
    7/5th of all people do not understand fractions.

is dis de same former Collie ar a new Collie?

Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    Also, any place to shop for 7" vinyl (I have a wicked record habit)

Any advice and recommendations would be great!

Collie
    You will be lucky to find any vinyl in Jamaica, every dj including the radio stations nah play dem again, everyone is either CD, Serato or Traktor now.
    More Serato than Traktor though