Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Parenting, Family & Finance - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=29" /> Anyone had dealings with Gammon & Clarke Lawyers? - Page 4
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Anyone had dealings with Gammon & Clarke Lawyers?

We've sorted out our attorney to represent us, he will be present at the court. My father inlaw is planning on going over for the week (just need to find cheap flights now, any recommendations?)
    I'm going to be in Florida so can't make it, (soooo wish we booked Jamaica again oh well looking forward to 6weeks in Jamaica next year )
    Sean Clarke finally contacted us apologising and saying he would complete it in the next year, which I don't believe.
    We'll see what the courts say!

Ok ...
    Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins

but see here... so after so much years and not taking unnu calls, etc, him a come now to say him a go complete it next year. Don't believe him Perky, as all he is looking is money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PERKY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We've sorted out our attorney to represent us, he will be present at the court. My father inlaw is planning on going over for the week (just need to find cheap flights now, any recommendations?)
    I'm going to be in Florida so can't make it, (soooo wish we booked Jamaica again oh well looking forward to 6weeks in Jamaica next year )
    Sean Clarke finally contacted us apologising and saying he would complete it in the next year, which I don't believe.
    We'll see what the courts say! </div></div>

Well my father inlaw went over last weekend for the court hearing. He phoned me up later in the day to tell us how the judges were virtually laughing at the Lawyer as he had no answers for anything.
    It seems as though its going in our favour but as the lawyer hadnt brought all the paper work with him it was ajurned till October.
    I think i may come over this time and make sure its all wrapped up and a tidy settlement can be made.

Yes, this sounds like you are needed down there Perky, cause it sound like the lawyer still a drag his feet... See, now he has not brought in all his paper works to the court, thus causing the cause to adjourned to a future date. I hope it all works out in your family's favour and good luck!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PERKY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well my father inlaw went over last weekend for the court hearing. He phoned me up later in the day to tell us how the judges were virtually laughing at the Lawyer as he had no answers for anything.
    It seems as though its going in our favour but as the lawyer hadnt brought all the paper work with him it was ajurned till October.
    I think i may come over this time and make sure its all wrapped up and a tidy settlement can be made. </div></div>

Well quite awhile has passed and I haven't updated this, moving house, kids etc have been taking up my time lately.
    2013 came and went with more trips to Jamaica for court hearings, in the end we just let the our attorney deal with it in court and then used video link for my father inlaw to be present as the expense of travelling was getting too much.
    Mr Clarke messed us around on most court dates, until he was told by the judges that failure to attend final hearing would go against him. He did attend but was unable to justify his actions.
    my father inlaw won the case, and was awarded costs/compensation.
    Although this came nowhere near the cost of his new attorneys fee's, which we found disappointing.
    This was in December, we are still waiting for payment
    I've told my father inlaw to chase up the awarded money, but try and forget about pursuing him for the attorneys fee's as the stress hasn't been good to him so far.
    once the award is paid he can start his dream of returning to semi-retire and build his new house/shop on his land.

Wow! Fours years on and still no compensation paid to my father inlaw. He has all but given up on his return to Jamaica now to retire.
    He has no faith in any lawyers and can not afford to risk using another. After an accident at work three years ago left him with limited movement of his arm he has worked very little since. So even affording flights at the moment is impossible.
    Maybe my wife and i can pick up where he left off in afew years when finances allow.