Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Jamaican News and Discussions Archive - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=44" /> Sweetssop's Celebration of Life Service and Interment - Page 4
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropicana View Post
    Very touching. Thank you for sharing.
    You, and all the others, are welcome.
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

"Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

Administrator

~ Anon

Administrator

~ Anon

Administrator
    A tribute from the Newell High Class of 1981, of which Grace was a member, was supposed to have been read during the service but the reader did not arrive on time. Thanks to technology, the text of the message was read at the graveside from a smartphone.

http://youtu.be/biUPtadXjlw

~ Anon

Administrator
    Getting ready for the committal - ashes to ashes, dust to dust...

At this point, I could not begin to imagine what was going through Bre's mind. As I looked at her, the nagging question in the back of my mind was - how does a child say goodbye to a parent? If adults could not hold it together, what could we reasonably expect from a child? But there she was, trying to be strong, trying to be brave. Were the tears in her eyes from the cold blowing wind or were they from her own inner pain? Maybe it was a little bit of one and so much more of the other.

~ Anon

Administrator
    An emotional Pastor Reid doing the committal...

Then he did his own tribute in song....

http://youtu.be/LqrHJpmK-o4

~ Anon

Administrator
    Then it was time to lower the casket, with what was left of Sweets, into the ground. From the earth we came and to the earth we return.

~ Anon

Administrator

~ Anon

Administrator

It was symbolic yet so profoundly meaningful. Persons taking turns pouring a shovel with dirt into the hole onto the casket. At this point Sweetssop's girls could not watch and understandably so. As the clumps of dirt fell on the casket, the echo from each thud was loud. We knew Grace was gone but as long as the casket was above ground, denial was our friend. Maybe it was all a sick joke and she would open the casket, pop up like Jack-in-a-box and say "Gotcha!" However, there would be such thing. Now it was in the ground and we had started to cover it with dirt. It was so surreal; so final.

~ Anon

Administrator
    Saying goodbye to a friend...

Up to now she had managed to hold it together. Here, the strain showed...

When it was my turn, the shovel felt like it weighed a thousand pounds....

~ Anon