Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Jamaican News and Discussions Archive - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=44" /> Sweetssop's Celebration of Life Service and Interment - Page 5
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60
  1. #41
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    34,050
    thanks ChurchDude, felt like I was right there


    (((B & N)))
    “Not all those who wander are lost.” –J. R. R. Tolkien

    What if you took your life back....LIVE like you MEAN IT~~~~~FL

  2. #42
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    13,668
    The cemetery attendants would do the rest, not with shovels but with a backhoe. They would fill the hole with dirt and at some point, level the ground and put up the headstone. In the months and years ahead, for people walking by, it would be just another burial spot. Yet for those who came to pay their respects, it was the spot where Grace, our Sweetssop, is buried.



    As if we needed the reminder, the empty hearse affirmed that we were leaving Grace behind. But were we really? Sure, we had left what remained of her in a box in the ground but for those who knew her, online and in person, and whose lives she touched, she was alive and well in our hearts and in our memories. The stories we heard we will remember as we will the sound of her laughter, her voice, her touch. Her body died and we left that behind, but her spirit lives on and that we carried with us.



    The view from across where she was buried was perfect. She would have loved it.



    And so with mixed emotions we bade our goodbyes. Walking back to my car, emotionally exhausted, the words of the Michael Jackson song "Gone too Soon" filled my mind. They seemed very appropriate.

    Like A Comet / Blazing 'Cross The Evening Sky / Gone Too Soon
    Like A Rainbow / Fading In The Twinkling Of An Eye /Gone Too Soon

    Shiny And Sparkly / And Splendidly Bright / Here One Day / Gone One Night
    Like The Loss Of Sunlight / On A Cloudy Afternoon / Gone Too Soon

    Like A Castle / Built Upon A Sandy Beach / Gone Too Soon
    Like A Perfect Flower / That Is Just Beyond Your Reach / Gone Too Soon

    Born To Amuse, To Inspire, To Delight / Here One Day / Gone One Night
    Like A Sunset / Dying With The Rising Of The Moon / Gone Too Soon / Gone Too Soon

    http://youtu.be/MBFr43vQiSM

    Sleep well, my friend. See you on the other side.
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

    "Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    3,373
    RIP Grace.........Missing you....

    Diplomat thanks very much for sharing.
    http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...oosterltor.gif~R.I.P my beloved friend "Ricky B".12/29/09.~


  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    America
    Posts
    37,117
    (((ChurchDude))) thank you soooo very much, thank you, thank you Pastor Maureen, thank you Lord, that we are sooo blessed to know each other, thank you for the caring, thank you for the love and thank you for the support....thank you

    ChurchDude, Sweetsopp was my good good friend, and there was no way I could have made it to the funeral, and so with my heart felt gratitude, I thank you for making it in your busy schedule, to not only attend and to take these lovely pics but to orchestrate such a beautiful epilog as this to our dearly departed friend, we are blessed, and I thank you very much. I pray God bless His people and let His face to shine upon us.

    Rest in sweet rest my sister, until we meet again, Gods love, (((((((((Grace)))))))))
    “Those who know your name will trust in you, for you LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you” (Psalm 9:10)

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    18,200
    God bless you Aunty.

    Mr. C., thank you so much for doing this. Much blessings to you.
    I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go. -- Abraham Lincoln

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    America
    Posts
    37,117

    God bless you

    “Those who know your name will trust in you, for you LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you” (Psalm 9:10)

  7. #47
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    13,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Compry View Post

    Mr. C., thank you so much for doing this. Much blessings to you.
    My pleasure; thank you.
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

    "Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

  8. #48
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    13,668
    Quote Originally Posted by sistactry View Post
    (((ChurchDude))) thank you soooo very much, thank you, thank you Pastor Maureen, thank you Lord, that we are sooo blessed to know each other, thank you for the caring, thank you for the love and thank you for the support....thank you

    ChurchDude, Sweetsopp was my good good friend, and there was no way I could have made it to the funeral, and so with my heart felt gratitude, I thank you for making it in your busy schedule, to not only attend and to take these lovely pics but to orchestrate such a beautiful epilog as this to our dearly departed friend, we are blessed, and I thank you very much. I pray God bless His people and let His face to shine upon us.
    sistactry, thanks for the kind words. Seeing you were unable to make it to the funeral, I am very glad I was able to bring some of it to you. I think of this epilog as my personal tribute to Grace, and I hope it helps to bring some form of closure for those who loved and embraced her as family and friend.
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

    "Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

  9. #49
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    13,668
    Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    RIP Grace.........Missing you....

    Diplomat thanks very much for sharing.
    You're welcome
    aka ChurchDude. I want that moniker back! Until then....

    "Sometimes you have to let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to"
    ~ Anon

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    America
    Posts
    37,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Diplomat View Post
    sistactry, thanks for the kind words. Seeing you were unable to make it to the funeral, I am very glad I was able to bring some of it to you. I think of this epilog as my personal tribute to Grace, and I hope it helps to bring some form of closure for those who loved and embraced her as family and friend.
    It helped tremendously to put some closure and finality to a very shocking reality for all of us who loved Grace, and we are forever grateful to you and Pastor Maureen, the support and comfort from our loved ones, is a huge blessing, and a wonderful gift....thank you. You have a big and wonderful heart, God bless you.

    ps. you should seriously think of writing and sharing some of your insights
    “Those who know your name will trust in you, for you LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you” (Psalm 9:10)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •