Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Jamaica Travel Archive - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=48" /> Camping in Jamaica - Page 7
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Camping in Jamaica

It was Kris and his friend Roger that I always talked to there. I remember Roger wearing an earring but I never heard him called the Earring Man. Roger the Dodger is what he went by. You could tell he was too intelligent to be hustling on the beach but hell, if that's what he enjoyed then who am I to say different.

Nope, the Earring Man (JahMekin' Creations) will bawl out "Fashion Earrings for Fashion People" (if the cops aren't around to chase him off [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]) There are a lot of intelligent people "hustlin'" on the beach due to lack of gainful employment.

Anyway, your trip was brave and well-intentioned and I know you learned a lot. Study up on your patois; find a reggae radio station and just keep listening, you'll get it.
    **raiseyeyebrows** pon de whole a oonu!

Haha, I remember that guy now. Only ran into him once and I didn't know what to make of someone trying to sell me earrings.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'><span style="color: #009900">For your girl, man! Not Betty.... </span></span> <span style="color: #009900"> </span>

[img][/img]
    **raiseyeyebrows** pon de whole a oonu!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SillySOB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Haha, I remember that guy now. Only ran into him once and I didn't know what to make of someone trying to sell me earrings. </div></div>

I once was at Fishermans taking pictures and one rasta man did start pointing to me and calling me CIA.....I've been there, not prettty.
    IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

fun catching up on this adventure ....

Camping is not my thing but I believe Ital Rest or Viking's House allows campers in Great Bay TB.

Check with Nanook re camping at Uncle Sam's in Little Bay.

Interesting and different report, thanks Silly.

I personally would do some of the areas mentioned in the hiking post next time...those areas are not very touristed and lack the hustle of Negril, MoBay, Ochi. As a single person I'd feel more comfortable checking in with someone I know in each area first, or hiring a guide if that were affordable.

The Treasure Beach area, as was mentioned, has lots of hiking and camping (for a fee, on private property) and is much more used that kind of tourist than the bigger cities and even Negril, which gets its share of backpacker types.

Strawberry Fields-Port Maria-Sonrise whatever it's called now is another place that caters to adventurous outdoors types.

I can't imagine why one could not kayak around the island or at least along certain parts of the coast, if one is physically fit enough to do it.
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Your action speaks so loud it drowns out your words

I can't imagine why one could not kayak around the island or at least along certain parts of the coast, if one is physically fit enough to do it

Security would be a start!! certain parts yes ,butfor the Island trip I would recomend a group effort,withe a motor boat as tender. In the event there is an accident or to ward off 'guests' ect.
    A lone Kayaker around the Island would be inviting the type of people who regularly rob and shoot fishermen on the seas.
    Yes they use motor boats to do it too.
    Join me as members of the church of LOVE,and let us change the world, one good deed at a time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr.Dudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't imagine why one could not kayak around the island or at least along certain parts of the coast, if one is physically fit enough to do it

Security would be a start!! certain parts yes ,butfor the Island trip I would recomend a group effort,withe a motor boat as tender. In the event there is an accident or to ward off 'guests' ect.
    A lone Kayaker around the Island would be inviting the type of people who regularly rob and shoot fishermen on the seas.
    Yes they use motor boats to do it too. </div></div>

I know a few fisherman from TB. They don't travel alone. Dr. Dudd is right. Robberies do occur on the sea.