Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=38" /> Chat With US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown 10/25/2007 - Page 5
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Chat With US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown 10/25/20

Sorry I may have missed a few..will check those and respond

Re: Chat With US Immigration Attorney Nadine Brown 10/25/2007

Ms Brown
    Thank you very much for your advice. She actually has a copy of the official orders with her name on their but i'm not sure if that will be enough. Unfortunately, the sister did not keep copies of the ticket stubs.
    ONE GOD ONE AIM ONE DESTINY

Hello Turtledude,

Some of what you heard is true, some isn't. You can sponsor your friend for a visitor's visa by providing a letter of invitation which is a letter AND proof that you would provide for him while he is VISITING the US TEMPORARILY. You must provide your financial documents such as your tax return, a bank letter, and job letter with a completed short form affidavit of support. You send this to him and he presents it to the Embassy. Many people have been successful in obtaining a visitor's visa this way, however, the Embassy is really concerned that the applicant will not just overstay so they may ask him to prove that he has signficant ties to Jamaica (property, immediate family, a job in Jamaica that he is returning to, a bank account, etc.) ...

as for the relocating to the US, obviously that is contrary to a visitor's visa...relocation requires a Green Card or permanent residency status...for which he needs a family member sponsor OR an employer sponsor...for employment..see some of my articles on H visas or R (religious worker) visas...it is difficult to just up and move unless he is a professional with advanced skill...regardless of anti-immigrant sentiment and people's political agenda in the US there are proper channels one must go through...and with the proper conditions he may be able to get what he wants or have a more realistic idea of what he cannot reasonably do.

Regards,

Whaz up doc?

Hmmm you pose an interesting scenario...why get married if you aren't going to do anything so you and your spouse can reunite? Anyway, I am not sure there is anything Jamaican guy can do without a file number...every receipt that is issued after a filing as a file number...that is the only way to check information on line at the http://www.uscis.gov website for case processing information. The only alternative is to do a FOIA or Freedom of Information Act Request Form G-639 request...it may take many months to get a result...but it asks for basic information about the sponsor (wife) and beneficiary (husband), but at this point, since divorce is on the horizon it doesn't really matter because that petition, if she did file one, would be null and void because it is based solely on marriage and once the marriage is dissolved, so is the petition...

Hi Kally,

If you came as a fiancee the time limit of 90 days is for the marriage to occur. You can adjust anytime after that...no time limit really, but the sooner you file for adjustment the sooner you can get work authorization, and a travel document, and green card in hand...

Once the I-94 card expires (after 90 days) then, yes, the fiance(e) now spouse is considered illegal or an overstay, and really doesn't have status until the Adjustment of Status is filed, but can file for adjustment at any time after they marry the same person that sponsored them on the K-1.

Being "hassled" can mean a variety of things...if stopped by the local police and there is no proof of valid status, then yes, this can cause the fiance(e)/spouse problems...could even end up in deportation proceedings, depending on the issues and circumstances...

Whatever name you put on the application maiden or married (hyphenated or not) is the name all your immigration documents will say and that is what SSA and the driver's license office will use...be consistent. Choose one and put that on everything!

Good Luck,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NBrown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry I may have missed a few..will check those and respond </div></div>Thanks!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

All the fees have increased and you can check them out at the http://www.uscis.gov under forms and fees...

I have to sign off but will try to respond later to those I missed on page 1...or you can e-mail your questions at [email protected]ks so much for all the questions and the great participation.

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] I scanned over the fees very quickly. But my god in heaven, some of those forms come wid $1000+ fee [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Thanks for the response. My friend is in a bad situation, and trying to weigh his options. Don't think any divorce proceedings have started, but for the life of me I can't figure out why this lady married him then wouldn't file. She keeps saying she filed, but he hasn't heard from the embassy so he doesn't believe she actually filed. He doesn't want to stay married to her if she is here, and he is there, she doesn't visit, and he can't get a visa. Also, come to find out this is the 3rd time this lady has done the K3 (2 for guys in Africa, 1 Ja). Doesn't INS get suspicious about the legitimacy of marriage on your 3rd filing?
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Thank you for the response.. Now I am getting nervous.. they said it would not be a problem [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] Will you be back here anytime soon? Or is there an email where I can contact US immigration? or you?

Thank you so much for ur response,
    Nervous GG
    http://pacda.com/img/sightseeing_11.jpg

These Are Sum Serious Times