Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Jamaica Travel Archive - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=48" /> PORTLAND!
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PORTLAND!

Hybrid View

PORTLAND!

Many people agree that Portland is one of the best places to stay in JA, and I think I want to go somewhere new this time. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

With my love of Portland Oregon, I am thinking Portland Jamaica is 20 times better [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Any suggestions on a not-so-expensive place on the beach in Portland.

hurry before mi tax money run out! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70390-shhh.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]
    ~ President Barack Obama </span>

Re: PORTLAND!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bandanna</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many people agree that Portland is one of the best places to stay in JA, and I think I want to go somewhere new this time. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

With my love of Portland Oregon, I am thinking Portland Jamaica is 20 times better [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]

Any suggestions on a not-so-expensive place on the beach in Portland.

hurry before mi tax money run out! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70390-shhh.gif[/img] </div></div>

Had to [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]at this post because when I was living in Vt., I moved to a town called "Jamaica" and somehow, in my sun-starved mind, thought maybe I MIGHT feel a little closer to the REAL thing!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]

WHAT WAS I THINKING??!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70392-silly.gif[/img]

Glad I could make ya laugh JaJewel [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

Now where do I stay in Portland??? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">&quot;I donít believe the United States of America should be in the business of separating families.
    Thatís not right. Thatís not who we are.&quot; [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/frown.gif[/img]

depends what you want to do, what you like, villa, cabin, cottage, beach, mountain with rivers and falls... and i could go on and on hehe, so many choices and taxi fares are good in portland as they don't get as many tourists as the west coast, this area of Jamaica is wicked nice! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

the place we might try out next time we go is San San Tropez, on the other side of the road from the entrance to Frenchman's Cove and not far from Blue Lagoon.

GongGirl [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]

I am a keep-to-myself kind of person, I like cottages, and places that are self-sufficent. I would prefer the place be Jamaican owned so my money goes where it should. I am a beach girl 100% and love to walk out my door and onto the beach! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img]

I may still go to Negril, but for some reason Porty is callin [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

ILP where are you?? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/helpsmilie.gif[/img]

there are not too many places directly ON the beach there bandy...san san tropez i think is pretty close tho...places on the water are pricey. If you head into the hills, places like Fern Hill or Jamaica Heights...you'll find views to die for at more reasonable prices.

taxi fare or a private driver is a must in this area if you really want to enjoy yourself and see all there is to see.
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] Bandi, you will love it in Porty. There are many suggestions as to places to stay, however just remember its Jerk Capital!!!!!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hungry.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/proud_jamaica.gif[/img] Boston; need I say more.
    Beaches, Beaches, (not the hotels), Winnifred is pretty good, nice and quiet, u can walk the entire stretch (some fruit trees were there, don't know if its still that way). San San is just as the name suggest very shallow, nice and less crowd and noise as compared to Boston. There is an island close to San San.
    Don't forget to check out the Falls.
    Portland full a corner, suh nuh drive too fast or get a taxi.
    Enjoy [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/notworthy.gif[/img]
    The Tallest Tree IS Rewarded With The Brightest Sunlight.......

Thanks so much everyone!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]

I am not much of a party girl if you can believe it. I spent MANY of my summers as a kid sleeping in a tent, catching fish for dinner, and picking blackberries for pie [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hungry.gif[/img]

I love LUSH, and GREEN, and HOT RAIN [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70377-loveeyes.gif[/img]

I am thinking of just a few days, to relax, unwind, and think of nothing but myself [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70361-embarassed.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/yahoo.gif[/img]

I do love the music the most, so the only thing that might drag me away would be a good show [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]

I will check out some of your suggestions this afternoon...

work is killin me lately [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]

If you love music...and feel to hang in a community atmosphere, try Search Me Heart. That man loves his music...he's great fun and will arrange your transport for you anywhere you want to go. Culture is a great host...and his guesthouse is under 50 a night. You can walk down the lane to a great beach where you'll find NO ONE. You can shell to your heart's content down there. He's in a great location...not far from Porty and not far from the beaches.

i think you'd be happy there...
    If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Bandi, Search me heart is run by a family friend of mine and I know you will get good good good good treatment. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.</span>