Boardite Group" /> Boardite Group RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2" /> Boardite Group - Jamaica Travel Archive - RSS Feed" href="http://www.jamaicans.com/forums/external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=48" /> But Where Are You Going To Eat? - Page 30
  • Login:
- Powered by vBulletin" />

Welcome to the Community Forum. For boardites on facebook join our Boardite Group.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Re: But Where Are You Going To Eat?

chree pound! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif[/img]

MissM, I had some extra room in the luggage coming back, so like QK, I just packed it....

the dutchie is made of aluminum?? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img] it seems kinda heavy for an aluminum pot...
    Anyone can have an itchy bottom

i'm sure they're cast aluminum
    you will always mistreat that which you misdiagnose.

Yeah I remember reading some long ting bout it a couple years ago, and I said [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek2.gif[/img] Everything I eat in Jamaica cooked in one of those pots, and I had my run in with that and don't want to go back....but I didn't want to mash up your post Dave, and I am still going to get one,because I never saw chicken in US look so good.
    IF you are sittting around waiting to see me fail, your [censored] is going to get mighty sore..

Really enjoyed your journey Diamond Dave. Always look forward to Dave & Pooh experience pon the rock. Especially your visits to Nine Mile. No one has wrote about their visits there with some much feeling and soul satisfaction. Your pictures were great…particularly that chicken in the dutchie!!! YUM!!! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    maxi priest...mellifluous!

[img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bannana_purple.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70458-applaud.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70371-jump.gif[/img]
    Sing in the rain, dance in the sun, dream in the light of the moon. (Unknown)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But where are you going to eat?

</div></div>

Dave you owe me a keyboard, I just ruined it with my drool because of this pic.

Bwoy di dumplin dem look pretty eeh [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hungry.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiamondDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

I have one of these in my kitchen [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/desdentado.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">But si yah! Yu nuh easy! [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/704555_dwl.gif[/img] [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/70394-bawlout.gif[/img]</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jaith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm sure they're cast aluminum </div></div>

Ok, that would make sense [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70409-waytogo.gif[/img]

MissM, I hadn't heard about the health issues...get one anyway [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Vi, I try to relate my feelings about Nine Mile as best I can, but it still doesn't come close...

Wanda, Ja Jewels yard is too chill [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Skelly, just make a mental note for yourself....the next time you open one of my trip reports, sit back from the keyboard! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]...yeah, the dumplins were nice...and if you have one of those signs in your kitchen, then your kitchen is either too much fun or too much trouble! [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/704555_dwl.gif[/img]
    Anyone can have an itchy bottom

I got my Dutchie here in the states at either an estate sale or flea market. It is cast iron and awesome. Much heavier than the Jamaica ones. It is old and will out live me by a lifetime or 3. I have 2 others that I got here and are the cast aluminum.

What I've heard about cooking and aluminum is a connection to Altzheimer's, also it was using aluminum for boiling things.
    For some reason I think there was a different effect when used for frying/sauteeing/roasting.

Needs more research... [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/70402-thinking.gif[/img]